3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$229
eDreamsUS$229
Hotels.comUS$229
PricelineUS$229
FindHotelUS$237
TravelocityUS$229
All reviews duke of gloucester street the brick house tavern canopy bed colonial williamsburg jackson house modern conveniences thomas jefferson dog street historic area colonial experience working fireplace twin beds entire house small refrigerator first floor common room full bath
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2021

We enjoyed our stay in a Colonial Williamsburg house it was very convenient to stay there and explore the area. The stay included tickets for entry of the many interesting buildings and guided tours and was close to many restaurants.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
paula kipp, Guest Services / Front Office at Colonial Houses-Colonial Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We are very glad to know you were pleased with your overall stay. We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed April 3, 2021

The experience of staying in Colonial Williamsburg is wonderful. You really get a feel for the place by being in the middle of it. I was there off-season when there were few visitors and prices were quite low. I was in the Market Street Tavern on the Duke of Gloucester Street. It was so nice walking out the front door onto the main street and seeing no one on a quiet Sunday morning. Walking in the area at night was also magical.

The reservationist who assisted me had such a great personality and was so helpful. The check-in and check-out staff at the Williamsburg Lodge were friendly and efficient. The dining staff at the Williamsburg Inn were just lovely - and the food was excellent. The room was charming - be sure to ask for a room with a four poster bed.

The main caveat was the condition of the room. It was much like staying in a national park lodge. The somewhat mismatched furniture could use some restoration. The bathrooms definitely need an upgrade, especially the really old sink attached to the wall. I know the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation has had financial issues, but they need to do a little upgrading to bring it up to the standards of the Lodge or the Inn.

One fun fact about the Market Street Tavern - Thomas Jefferson stayed there while studying law with George Wythe. Staying there is a great way to soak up American history. It's definitely worth staying in the Colonial Houses - for me it would be one or two nights - any more nights and I would recommend the Lodge or the Inn.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a four poster bed
Date of stay: February 2021

Reviewed March 31, 2021

Loved the location and comfort of the first floor. The second floor bedroom and bath are hard to maneuver. The ceiling is so low in the bedroom that you can't sit up in bed. The bathroom ceiling is extremely low over the toilet and the shower. The shower leaves you about 3 square feet (or less) to move around it. I'm only 5'1" and pretty small, and I struggled to use the shower. My husband is larger so of course had an even harder time. We thought maybe this bedroom was meant to be used by children, but the stairs leading up to this level are pretty steep and narrow so not suitable for very young children. I don't know how parents would give children a bath in this bathroom. We still really enjoyed our stay, but think we'll choose a different house next time. The descriptions of this house on the website could be better worded to make the challenges of the second floor more clear, and the CW reservationists need to warn people too.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that they may be addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed March 30, 2021 via mobile

Visited end of March 2021, staying in the 2 bedroom Richard Crump house. To be expected during covid: no bedspreads (although a year into the pandemic have we not all learned that touching bedspreads is not a cause for concern?). But there were also zero other blankets or extra pillows. Also to be expected, old, dusty creaky furniture and not a plethora of outlets. But even though we are staying in a colonial house, we still need to charge things etc. There was not one plug in the bathroom and only one power strip in the rest of the house. Having broken window blinds, especially when right on a fairly busy street, is also not ok. Mattresses horrible with sunken spots. If you’re going to pay almost $500 a night these things are not ok.

Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the mattress in your guest room.. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that they may be addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed March 29, 2021

If you plan on going to Colonial Williamsburg you have to stay in the Colonial Houses. The George Jackson house had two bedrooms, two sitting areas, a dining room, and kitchen. Much bigger than what we were expecting! There were 4 adults and two children and had PLENTY of room. Houses are cleaned every day and we will definitely be coming back. LOVED IT!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
paula kipp, Guest Services / Front Office at Colonial Houses-Colonial Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at the Williamsburg Colonial houses. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again someday. Best Regards, Leslie S. Noble House Manager