“Clean. Convenient. Comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I traveled with my Son for three days. The total cost averaged $100.00 a night for a suite. The suite included 2 queen beds, a table with two chairs, a microwave, sink and coffee maker, a pullout sleeper sofa, refrigerator, long dresser and side table. They also offer free high speed internet, which to me equated to a bit faster than dial-up. Anotherwords it was slow. At first I thought the hotel would be empty considering it was March. However it was filled. My first impression was that it's on the main strip, so it's a very busy road. Upon entering it was clean. YES! Homerun. The front desk was ok. No smiles. No friendly chatter. Just down to business. Pay and get key. The lobby was nice. It was comfortable and welcoming. Very clean. Our room was on the 4th floor because I requested smoking. When the elevator reached the fourth floor and we walked out. The smell was intense. Considering I am a smoker that says a lot. I was getting dizzy rather fast. When we opened our room it was even worse. I told my Son that I am willing to take a non smoking room if it's too strong. He said he will adjust. We opened the window immediately to try to air it out. (This did help)...I won't complain because i was happy they still have a smoking floor. Smokers will appreciate it. I will say all other levels DO NOT smell like smoke. So do not worry if you are a non smoker.
The "Suite" we got, was roomy enough for two but not as big as I thought. There is a partial wall that separates the sofa from the beds. I inspected the room and it was VERY clean (Winning! as Charlie Sheen would say) ... I checked the beds..no bed bugs that I could see. I smelled the pillows...they smelled crisp. Same with the sheets. The sofa was clean as well. Carpet LOOKED clean, but then again it is hard to tell because of the deep green color. I felt good enough that i walked barefoot. But eventually I looked at the bottom of my foot and it was dirty. There seems to be some minor surface cleaning, but the lamps and dresser were incredibly dusty. This made me wonder if they vacuum the carpets often. Considering during my entire stay I never saw a housekeeper with a vacuum in any room, I am guessing not often. The refrigerator is loud...the inside was clean however the outside needed a wipe down. The bar/sink area with microwave looked clean. The bathroom upon entering was spacious and clean. However there were hairs here and there. At first it annoyed me but I let it go..considering overall it was clean. The shower is as others said...a FIRE HOSE. it is so powerful I thought my face would be blown away. I won't complain because there are hotels that have very little water pressure. This one is full force. I put that in the plus column. The pool was ok (indoor). Nothing special. It was warm and it was clean. The "Exercise room" was a so-so. My Son works out and there were just three pieces of equipment. Treadmills and bike. But it was ok. No weights or anything of that sort. The breakfast was good. Nice offerings. There is also a sundrie store open 24hrs by the lobby that you can get snacks and drinks. It is expensive but if you're lazy late at night, you can go down and get a drink and snack. There are PLENTY of food options around and a great Pizza place that delivers to the hotel room until 3AM! The hotel also is in front of a movie theatre and strip mall. Fabulous for my son...who got bored later in the night and walked over to watch a movie. Overall it was a good stay and I would go back! I think they try to keep this hotel looking nice and I was quite impressed. Housekeeping did a good job but I would suggest that they vacuum and wash the bathroom floor once in awhile! They also need to dust! I know it is probably the most tedious of tasks..god knows I hate cleaning my own bathrooms, but it does set a precedence.. Feel confident by choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Williamsburg. I do have to say one more thing. The walls are VERY thin. I had to call to the lobby to have the woman contact our neighbor because he was cursing and beating the walls for over an hour. Screaming at some woman. It was petrifying. But other than that incident the hotel was very quiet! I have attached some pictures of our room. I apologize that It is a bit cluttered with all of our belongings but at least you have an idea. In closing, I would go back to this hotel without question. The pluses outweighed any faults I found with the hotel.

Room Tip: If you choose smoking. It is fourth floor only.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank chasingali

Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed there the weekend of March 11, 2011. It wasn't too bad. The room was pretty clean. Liked the fact that the rooms have a fridge and a microwave, that's a plus for me. Didn't eat the breakfast so I can't speak to that. I agree with the one person that the halls have kind of a funny smell. The sheets were a little worn and the top sheet had a hole in it, looked like a cigarette burn. (Sounds like some new sheets are needed) just my two cents. Overall it was ok and I would stay there again.

GammyB

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dexter123321
ANDREW1452, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

Many thanks for your comments on our hotel - it is nice to receive both positive and negative feedback as it allows us to correct things tht are not correct. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your return trip to Williamsburg

Reviewed 3 March 2011

When I travel for business I usaully stay at 4 or 5 star hotels. I stayed at the Williamsburg Holiday Inn Express this time due to my associates choice for this hotel. Now I know why my business partners selected this site. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were new and clean. I especially enjoyed the hot breakfest. next time I travel to Williamsburg I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This new hotel gave us exactly what we needed for our vacation. The rooms were very comfortable, the breakfast was hot and better than a standard continental breakfast and we were very centrally located. Close to Colonial Williamsburg and a short drive to the major shopping at the outlets. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Right in the middle of everything yet not a loud setting. Clean Hotel with helpful staff. Lot's of nearby places to eat.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We came to Williamsburg to shop and sight see. What a great hotel! From the minute we checked in we knew it was special. The employees were pleasant and very helpful. And we LOVED the welcome from the General Manager! The hotel was VERY clean and well maintained. Breakfast was good as well. The location is close to everything...Williamsburg Pottery, Yankee Candle, Merchants Square, Colonial Williamsburg, etc. I have never written a review for a hotel, but our stay was so good, I decided to do this one. This is a GREAT hotel. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We arrived and were greeted by the manager- Mr Mercer- who was very hospitable. He took the time to explain where and when breakfast was served. He was very helpful with directions to Colonial Williamsburg and even recommedned a few restaurants off the beaten path. Our room was well lit, clean and the beds comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to any guest looking for the best value . We have two kids and even they commented on how nice it was to stay in such a nice place!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family