“Great meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The food was very good. I asked for a variation of a dish and they were very happy to do it. The only reason I give 4 stars instead of 5 is the noise level. We could barely hear each other but the food is very good.

Date of visit: April 2018
3  Thank pamsmith0625
Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed March 30, 2018

My family and I had the opportunity to dine at Giuseppe's two days ago during our spring break vacation in Williamsburg. We were particularly pleased that they were able to accommodate us as last year, during an earlier trip to the area, the restaurant had been completely booked. Well, our visit was so wonderful that upon leaving we booked a reservation for a return visit, which in fact will be tonight! The food was simply delicious; my tomato bisque soup was full of flavor, with big chunks of tomato and lots of herbs and basil, and my accompanying large salad was full of veggies and served with a delicious dressing. Other family members had lentil soup (so thick it was more like a stew -- and a delicious one at that!), two types of pizza (pepperoni and margherita), and pasta with Bolognese. The pizzas -- individual-sized, about 9 inches in diameter -- had lovely thick crusts, beautifully charred, and were devoured by my husband and younger son, while my older son's pasta had a luscious, flavorful sauce that perfectly coated the thick rigatoni.

In a lovely touch the restaurant thoughtfully offered us a free dessert (we chose a scrumptious intense chocolate cake with raspberry sauce) when the kitchen inadvertently overlooked the order for our son's pepperoni pizza, causing it to arrive a few moments after the rest of us had received our food. Needless to say, the boys were thrilled!

I would also like to give a particular shout-out to our server, Susan, who was extremely friendly, gracious and attentive (it was Susan's idea to offer us the free dessert); she really made our visit special and is one of the reasons why we are looking forward to our return visit tonight!!

If you are in the Williamsburg area, especially if you are staying in the vicinity (ie, at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony resort), I highly recommend that you make an effort to eat at Giuseppe's -- the food and service really can't be beat!! Oh, and another thing: the quality of the food is matched by extremely reasonable prices, quite a pleasant surprise for this family from the far-more-expensive northern Virginia suburbs!!

4  Thank MaryGL6016
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Great lil spot!! Incredible lunch menu, can't wait to go back for dinner! Friendly staff and owners make you feel like friends rather than patrons. Quaint, quiet atmosphere that's VERY much welcomed over the overpriced chains down the block. Perfect locals spot!

4  Thank Dave S
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I was really pleased with our experience here. We had attempted to eat here on a busy Saturday night with no reservation. They kindly tried to find a place, but I told them we would return. We made a reservation for a Tuesday evening and had a great meal.
Everything we ordered was delicious and well-prepared. Our server was helpful and unobtrusive, and the restaurant has a very nice ambience.
I found the cost to be very reasonable and would gladly return.

3  Thank jlfla
Reviewed March 26, 2018

We are from Chicago and I was a little skeptical of the Italian food a relatively small town like Williamsburg could provide. Giuseppe’s was the best Italian meal I have had in quite some time. I sampled around among our party of five and every single dish was outstanding. Further, our server Susan was very helpful and attentive. Highly recommend stopping at Giuseppe’s.

4  Thank Brian L