“Found your restaurant today through "Colonial Guide"”
Review of Second Street

Second Street
Ranked #10 of 394 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Second Street is a Casual Upscale Restaurant marked by a menu full of unique and delicious culinary twists, stunning decor throughout, a comfortable atmosphere, and a fresh upscale vibe unmatched in Williamsburg." Our large menu features local seafood, chicken and steak entrees, handmade burgers, unique Italian dishes, overstuffed sandwiches, kid friendly foods, munchies, fresh soups and salads, extensive wine list, and a relaxed separate bar area for socializing.
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Found your restaurant today through "Colonial Guide"”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Glad we found your ad because, until today, we had limited our dining to restaurants west of the restored area
Your place is charming and food delicious. Alvin was a lot of fun and a good source for our menu selections.
Thanks for the experience, we"ll see you again.

Barboursville, Virginia
“Get here early and indulge”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The four of us arrived at Second St at about 5pm to take advantage of a coupon we received for a free appetizer. The server was very fun and friendly and continually checked to see if we were okay.

For the appetizer we decided on the crab dip....mmmmm....for the main course I ordered the ribs based off of the servers suggestion (I couldn't decide what I wanted because everything sounded great). The ribs fell off the bone and the homemade sauce was delicious.

The meal was well worth the money spent. We were seated immediately but by the time we left, the place was packed.

California
“Award-Winning Burgers? Yes please!”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I decided to visit Second Street for lunch after reading the great reviews. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is pretty, and in a convenient, yet quiet location. The service, from greeter to server, was top notch without being overbearing. We began with the 2nd Street Thai Poppin' Shrimp, which was good. After asking for the server's suggestions, we both decided to try their award-winning burgers. We both had the signature burger, though I had mine minus the bacon, and it was immediately clear that those awards were well-deserved. The burgers were huge, cooked perfectly, and made with fresh ingredients. I want to note that all the food was timed perfectly as well, which is not something you always get in restaurants today. I appreciate it when a server pays attention to when you are ready for the next course instead of shoving all the food on the table at once and this restaurant impressed me in that regard. Somehow we slid in dessert as well, and they do have an extensive dessert menu. I went with the creme brulee, which was good. My husband had a fried dessert made with banana, the name of which is failing me, but needless to say, he cleared the plate. The burgers wowed us, while the rest of the meal was satisfying. I did get the impression from reviews that this place was perhaps a bit fancier, but we weren't at all disappointed to find this to be a laid back, classy eatery (you wouldn't be out of place if you dressed up or had on your favorite blue jeans). We will definitely be visiting again!

1 Thank MakingMemories317
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The thai poppin shrimp is as good as everyone says. Good value at lunch - cup of soup and sandwich for $10. The Ham and Brie was tasty- but the brie was overpowering, so you better like it if you order it. The pot roast sandwich was very good. Great service- thanks Kim!

Kingston, Canada
“So good we went a second time the same weekend”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

On a return visit to Williamsburg my husband and I found out Second Street has a "best burger" rating, so in the mood for a a burger, but also a nice restaurant atmosphere, we headed to Second Street. We ate in the bar on a Friday evening and fell in love with our starter, panko-coated fried green tomatoes (which come with the best onion relish we've ever tasted). Then we each had a different burger and both were fantastic. The meat was lean but tender, various real (not processed) cheese options and toppings that included house-made sauces and generous veggie choices. The fries were not quite as good as the other things we ate, but they were still hand-cut and tasty. My husband had a local micro-brew (Fat Tire, which he said was very good) and I had a nice frozen margarita that did not taste like a mix. The atmosphere was cozy but elegant - people were dressed in anything from jeans to suits and looked perfectly at home. (Young children are obviously welcome, as we saw several families in the main dining room.) In fact, we liked the place so much we went back two nights later and had the same things (but chose from the varied wine list this time) and it was just as good. The first time we went in we wanted our meal at a very leisurely pace, and the second time we had less time available, and the servers timed everything perfectly both visits. Hats off to the whole staff, who were friendly, helpful and efficient, especially our servers, Morgan and Janesse. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited February 2012