2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official HotelUS$239
eDreamsUS$239
Agoda.comUS$239
Trip.comUS$265
TripadvisorUS$239
Snaptravel
All reviews colonial williamsburg tennis courts fireplace room pond view rooms are huge nature trail no elevator dressing area separate building easy walking distance yogurt dog street historic area king size bed two sinks perfect location grounds are beautiful
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2021

The rooms/amenities and location are great. The walls between rooms are paper thin - could hear the families on both sides of us have regular conversations. King size bed was adequate, could be comfier

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed April 5, 2021

The location of the Griffin is great and we especially enjoyed the nature trail on site. We had a first floor room and it was nice for the kids to be able to play outside. However, the beds were very uncomfortable and most disappointing were the extremely limited dining options. It was almost impossible to get reservations at any of the Colonial Williamsburg restaurants and very long waits for places that accepted walk-ins. This was especially tough to manage with young children and we ended up eating outside of town during most of our stay. We also couldn't get pool reservations despite calling days in advance. We expected better for the price and resort fees paid.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
paula kipp, Guest Services / Front Office at Griffin Hotel - Colonial Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the hotel not exceeding your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that they may be addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed April 5, 2021

We were in the process of moving abs stopped for a couple quiet days of rest. Suffice it to say, we were not traveling light. We loaded up the provided luggage cart only to discover there was no accessibility at all. We’re able to switch gears and carry up, but it was confusing and difficult at a time when we were tired. Our dining experience at the Lodge was a total fail. Skip the perceived convenience and head off property for better service, quality, and value.

Date of stay: April 2021

Reviewed March 29, 2021

Our stay at The Griffin Hotel and time spent at their sister properties was exceptional. The service was warm and personable and the grounds were immaculate. You are within a short and beautiful walk to every thing. We already can’t wait to come back! Highly recommend!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 28, 2021

As others on Trip Advisor have stated, the rooms are a bit dated and could use a refresh. I would especially recommend replacing the lumpy sofa beds. That said, the location and accommodations were perfect for our party. We wanted relative seclusion and to be able to walk out a patio to the grass.

I do have two relatively minor “beefs” that I did not think to question while we were in Williamsburg.

First, the lack of clarity surrounding the ability to make advance reservations for carriage rides if one stayed at the Griffin, the cost of the rides, and the number of people who could fit in one carriage. (a) We were told by one reservation agent that those staying at the Griffin could not make advance reservations for carriage rides and then told by another telephone reservation agent that we could but would have to reserve two carriages for a party of 3 adults and 3 kids at a cost of $65 per carriage. When I finally was able to convince a third telephone reservation agent that I could make advance reservations if I was staying at the Griffin, she insisted that I pay the $130 up front which I did. (The concierge at the Lodge was off and no one suggested that I could use the concierge at the Inn to book. The tan info sheet provided to guests at the Griffin just gives a phone #, so I used that.) (b) When I subsequently went to pick up the actual tickets from the Inn’s concierge, the receipt indicated a price of $50 per carriage. So, now I am thinking that I was overcharged by a total of $30. If this is correct, please send me a refund. (c). When we arrived on Tuesday for our carriage rides, both the agent at the window and the driver said that all of us could ride together. He extended the time of the ride to account for the two bookings, which was fine for us. But, we would have preferred up front to have had the option of having to only pay for one booking.

Second, the literature, which I only looked at once I arrived home, says that the rate includes a resort outlets saving booklet. We never received one. While we may never have used the booklet, it would again have been nice to have the option.