other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tony H
Hudson, Ohio
“Get ready for stress”
Reviewed June 22, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Upon arriving at Kings Creek Plantation the property was beautiful. We where so excited for our vacation until we checked in. The front desk employees make you feel like they're doing you a favor by checking you in. Then basically just turn you loose with a map. Never explained where we could eat, shop, get gas nothing. Just here are your keys, later.

Finally found our cottage, walked in the door and the whole place was full of natural gas. Awesome.... Went back to the front desk, because there is no way to call it from a cell, and let them know the place was full of gas. I got a look from the desk attendants like, what am I supposed to do about it. They finally called a maintenance guy who took care of it. Turned out to be the pilot went out on the fire place. Who uses a fireplace in 90 degree heat!!?? The maintenance guy was awesome, fixed the problem and even took a look at the hot water tank. All was good.

Next, the "tour" sales pitch. I called two months in advance to see if I could attend the tour without my wife, 8 month old son and 3 year old daughter. Phone rep says "sure that will be fine". I show up at 8:30 am on Thursday, nope sorry the whole family must attend. WTF. I reschedule for Saturday at 8:30. We all show up and they don't show anything on file. Now I'm really pissed. Like I'm going to a hotel pissed. I spoke to the only other nice employee besides the maintenance guy, her name was Marisa. She got everything straightened out. She saved our vacation.

Advice to Kings Creek Management, promote Ms. Schultz and the maintenance guys. Fire everyone else. Teach your employees basic communication skills between departments.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: In suite washer/dryer. Close to attractions but you need to find em on your own.
Liked least: Employees except the maintenance guys and Marisa.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
3 Aug 2016
It is a very subjective opinion, I've stayed there for a few times, and it always was perfect. Have a look at TripAdvisor rating - it is 4 out of 5 based on more than 1,100 reviews.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing