All reviewsrestaurants and gas stationsbed was comfortablenon smoking roomwould stay here againwalking distancenice stayeconolodgesmotelmicrowavetrailertoiletinternetdogs
Reviewed May 18, 2018

I was not happy when it looked like someone had already used the bathroom when I got there.

Also for a non-smoking room, it smelled like smoke everywhere. Maybe the whole building had smokers and then they changed it but it was tough to deal with that. Fortunately I wasnt IN the room for long. Only to sleep and then I was gone.

The employees were VERY NICE and friendly!

If you have any kind of pulmonary issues, DO NOT STAY THERE, even in the "non-smoking" rooms because they reek of old smoke.

My window did look out to a beautiful tree that was in full bloom...... with birds everywhere, so that was a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I just wanted you to know how kind and helpful Melissa was to us. You have a great employee in Melissa. The hotel was very clean and we got a good nights sleep. Bathroom was clean a bit small that was ok. Breakfast was ok nothing fancy but good enough to start our morning. I would stay here again. Plus a Denny's right next door.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Four of us made our way to Pittsburgh and the NCAA tournament this month. The overnight stop at the Econo Lodge met our needs, and did not exceed our expectations. At $32.50 per person for two rooms the four of us got what we wanted, a tv to watch Wednesday night basketball, a bed to sleep in and a shave and shower on Thursday am. We all four agreed 'the wives' would not have liked our digs, but for four retired guys on a budget it filled the bill. As the old saying goes: "you get what you pay for."

Room Tip: Internet is slow and spotty-do not expect lightning fast responses as you surf the net.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2017

I had a client come from NY and recommended this hotel, as it was inexpensive and close to my location. It is in a good area that is clean, easy to get to, and has ample parking for a truck and trailer. My client had a substantial amount of cash in an envelope that he dropped in his room. He didn't realize the money was missing until we were loading up his livestock and he could not find the money, anywhere. He called the hotel and they checked his room. It was in there! It would have been so easy for the house keeper, the owner, or anyone who found the money to have kept it. Nope. They truly went above and beyond. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Room Tip: Right off, I81. Next to a Dennys and Duncan Donuts. Easy in and out.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We booked this hotel for an annual trip to Winchester several months before our arrival date. The day of our arrival, the hotel decided to run our credit card before we even got there. Our bank had issued us a new card with a new number, and instead of waiting until we arrived to get the new card number, they called to see if we were still coming. We were already on the 4 hour journey to Winchester and did not get the call. They inturn, sold our room to someone else only 4 hours after check-in time. When we arrived, we were told we did not call back with another card number so they sold our room to someone else. There was not another room in town available. We did not cancel this reservation, we showed up yet were turned out on the street. When I called customer service of Choice Hotels, they were unsympathetic saying it was the discretion of management. When I called management, he was extremely rude and said it was my fault for not giving them our new credit card number yet I have called several other chain hotels and not one of them said they run the card before the person arrives. I will not support this hotel again even if it means sleeping in our vehicle as we had to this time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple