“Food is great and owners are awesome ”
Review of Sona

Sona
Ranked #59 of 331 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

The first time I visited was not a great experience but have been back several times since and the owner and his wife are just the most delightful people. The food is always delicious it's always prepared fresh, he makes everything from scratch, and will adjust anything to your level of spice tolerance. We haven't had anything that we didn't like... tikka masala, cabbage masala, Punjabi chicken curry, kabobs tonight and all delicious. The chaat appetizer was also really fresh and yummy. Along with a couple of Kingfisher beers and a nice chat with the owners, it was a very nice evening. Having been to India a couple months ago, this reminds us of one of our favorite adventures.

Reviewed December 18, 2016

The Ginger Cauliflower is a fantastic appetizer which I have not had elsewhere. The Salmon was very nicely spiced but not overpowered at level 7 and the rice pudding on the pie was a great way to wrap up the meal. I also look forward to seeing how they compare on my more traditional favorites.

1  Thank miltonp
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

Don't let the storefront or location fool you, this restaurant could compete handily with the best Indian restaurants in DC. Atmosphere smaller, more intimate, absolutely wonderful owners. They welcome you personally then ask what you like. He is very good at suggesting just the rights things for your palette. His use of spices is phenomenal. A true pleasure, without all the formality and chaos one has in DC. It is well worth the drive, We live 45 minutes away, but we would drive even longer to have this experience. Winchester is fortunate, and I don't
think many in the local area have ventured into anything but a very average Americanized Indian restaurant. Dive into this one, experience India!

Reviewed October 19, 2016

This small, locally-owned restaurant is cozy with a varied menu. The chef and owner care about their customers. They can adjust the spiciness to individual preference. There is a selection of beer and wine if you want an alcoholic beverage.

Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

I've been a few times and the staff is always attentive and cheerful. The atmosphere is fantastic and the decor a feast for the eyes. Shiv, the owner and chef is always a jovial fellow. And the food is always a celebration for the palate. This truly is some of the best Indian cuisine outside of India that I have had. And the monthly festivities are intriguing.