All reviewsfront desknice hotelan upgradewafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areacracker barrelnice breakfastfirst floornice roomeasy accessstaff was friendlyinterstatecostcocerealinns
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The room has everything for a night stay or longer. Check in was quick with friendly staff.
It is easy to find but in a very busy traffic area. The only complaint is the entrance has to be taken slow entering or leaving because it is a bump. Nice having ice machines on the floor your on.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 112EstherW
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear 112EstherW

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Stay 5/21-24/18 I had a "suite" on the 2nd floor (Rm 216). The suite had a pullout sofa, 2nd TV, and mini fridge. The room was roomy, updated, comfortable and very clean. I was very happy to smell fresh linens after a long travel day. The room was provided plenty of towels so I kept the "do not disturb" tag on the door during my stay. I read other reviews about the hotel being dog friendly, so I inquired about the dogs while making reservations. I was told the dogs were not allowed in the suites. There was a group there with K-9s, but unless I saw them I wouldn't have known they were there. The lobby and grounds were clean! The staff was friendly - front desk and the "breakfast lady!" LOL #insider They serve a complimentary breakfast every morning. The hotel is a non-smoking hotel, but I did smell someone smoking on my floor. It's always someone who doesn't adhere to the rules! SMH! There are plenty of restaurants close by and the mall is within a couple of miles. I stayed for business and if ever in Winchester again I will stay here in the suites.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lrawlings821
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear lrawlings821 -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you had a clean and comfortable stay with us. I appreciate your comments on all that you had experienced at The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester. My team and I look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Checked in late in the evening, first teo rooms were not acceptable (smelled bad/smoking room) but 3rd time got us in an acceptable room. The front desk gentleman was patient and understanding of my requests. Upside was breakfast was good and the facility appeared to be in decent care.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BelindaWF
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

BelindaWF,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy. I'm apologizing to hear about the issues you had with the first two guestrooms not meeting your expectations.

We truly believe in keeping our Marriott standards to our guests and I assure you these has been addressed and will be corrected.

I appreciate your comments about our breakfast and facility were good and in decent care. My team and I appreciate your value feedback. We hope we to have an opportunity to serve you again and be at your service.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2018

My assigned room was on a higher floor and right next to the elevator. I went back down and requested a room change. They were extremely nice about it, even gave me an upgrade to a larger room on the first floor. I needed to use the business suite later than evening, however the printer was not working. Once again, front desk staff were great about printing everything I needed. It was a great night's sleep, and the early breakfast worked with my schedule. Breakfast offered lots of tasty options and the area was kept clean. All in all a good stay. The price was good for the area as well.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st or 2nd floor when booking, if that's your preference. Simply saying a lower floor is not sufficient with Marriott properties.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank AmericanInParadise
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a good stay with us. I appreciate your comments about how the front desk staff has taken care of your requests and that you had a great night's sleep. My team and I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Hotel was very clean but just had to complain about something this was forwarded to location and Marriott.hate to complain about this .This is what I stepped on from bottom of couch in room 214 last night. Yes it hurt but skin was not broken. I brought to front desk around 6pm and they just stated ok thanks
There was like no concern & I was a little concerned about that. Nothing of the fact are you ok or nothing. I apologize but I’ve been doing mystery shopping for 20+ years and now I kind of have to give compliments/concerns.
 When I came back in from show I spoke to LOGAN at front desk. She was awesome. I mentioned to her about incident. She was ready to give me the world. She was very professional and to me cared about her job. Welcomed all guest coming & going.
 This app as well is very confusing as well. To ask for towels etc is like pulling teeth. Had very hard time making reservation thru 800-Marriott I would bet my life savings that person was talking to someone on cell phone / speaker and not giving me 100%
 Items requested such as testing the app with extra shaving items,tooth paste etc worked out great. Walked in room and thought maybe was a small birthday present (birthday on Sunday) or a welcome surprise,all kidding aside now but was the bag with items in it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank RobertGraber
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

April 30, 2018

Dear Mr. Graber, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Winchester on April 27, 2018.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay.

As you verbally told me and shown me the issues with guest room 214. I truly apologize for what you have experienced at our property this is not the level of service we provide to our guests.

I was very disappointed to hear that my front desk associate on duty didn’t bother to assist you as you were explaining the situation. I’m happy to hear that Logan truly showed The Fairfield 100% guarantee attitude. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager, Director of Engineering and VP of Operations and we will be correcting these issues.

Upholding my commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, my FOM Ms. Laci Cline did purchase 1,500 Marriott Rewards points to be credited into your Marriott Rewards account.

I hope we can regain your trust with us. If your travels should bring you back in the area; please contact me directly and I will personally make your reservation. I will give you a complimentary weekend getaway to our executive king suite.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Respectfully,