All reviewsfree laundry roomfront deskgreat overnight stopwashers and dryersgreat pet friendly hotelnice linensfine placeworked finewill stay there againeasy accessoff the highwaymicrowavedogsappliancesgymbeddinggas
Reviewed June 25, 2017

The Candlewood Suites was in a good location just off the highway. It was positioned amidst stores, restaurants and gas stations. I recommend a ride over to the local Thai restaurant for some great dinner. The hotel had the standard Candlewood suite setup with an efficient kitchen. The property is pet friendly but the dog walk areas are a bit tight. Otherwise this is a fine location for an overnight stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Doug B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am glad you liked the hotel. I also like the Thai restaurant!

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

This is a reasonable cost pet friendly motel within easy access fro I-81. Nice, clean room. Candlewood Suites do not include complementary breakfasts with their accommodations but they do have reasonable cost items for purchase from their canteen. Will stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Doug B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am glad you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

I have come to like the Candlewood brand which is part of the IHG Chain. It's non-pretentious, doesn't have some silly and awful breakfast, and gives good value for the dollar.

The Winchester, VA edition of the chain fits right into the mold. Calm, quiet lobby, quiet, spacious rooms, and lots of comfort. I arrived after a 450-mile day on the motorcycle. A very-efficient and personable Michael checked me in without a fuss, offered plenty of local-knowledge help and made sure I had everything I needed.

I didn't check out the gym (I was tuckered-out from the road). I had a fine shower. I found the microwave and refrigerator worked fine and went to bed.

Sleep quality was very good. My 2nd-floor room was dark and quiet, even though it overlooked the parking lot.

Checkout was fast and efficient. I checked the WiFi speed with DSL reports, and it was a disappointing 5 MBS DL and 4MBS UL.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Doug B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The weather has been great for a ride!

Reviewed December 4, 2016

I'm currently on location and needed some place with a small kitchen, Candlewood Suites fit just exactly what I needed . The management is awesome, rooms are immaculate, free washer and dryers with a very good gym.

The small store can cover much of your needs and if you care to shop or dine - out their is many choices. The price is also very comfortable, it's a must if your in the vicinity of Winchester, Virginia and need either a one night for 4 to 6 weeks like myself.

Room Tip: Easy entrance into the parking lot and exiting just as easy..
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Doug B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am glad you enjoy the hotel.

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

We were happy with our stay here while traveling on interstate 81.
The suite is spacious enough with an especially nice kitchen. Quiet even though located on a busy highway. Smells decent for a pet room and window opens several inches. Nice front desk guy. Close enough to restaurants.
Will stay at Candlewood again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rojohn1014
Doug B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am glad you enjoyed stay. I hope your return soon!