“A nice surprise”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Dayton
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Dropped into this hotel very late on Thursday night while on my way to Camp LeJeune. The front desk clerk was VERY helpful. The room was much less expensive than I imagined and was VERY clean, roomy and comfortable! (free wireless, beds were VERY comfortable, Fridge in room) The hot breakfast was extensive and great. Again, the staff was very attentive in the breakfast room. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Watched a beautiful sunrise in a room facing the rear of the property! It was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Highland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We had a great stay at this country. The front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. The room is clean. The hot breakfast is very good. This is one of the best country inn we have stayed in. We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank northern_cardinal
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2011

A friend recommended this chain of hotels....They said these hotels were newer and I should give them a try...On the way home from Florida on Dec 6th,2011,my wife and I decided we would stay overnight in Wytheville,VA and we would stay here....
Well, the price was $80.00 dollars ...We had a 2 queen room with a 32" flatscreen tv ,
microwave and a small fridge...The room was very clean...The Free High Speed Internet worked perfect (in the room)....The beds were comfortable and we slept very well...We did not hear a lot of noise in the hallways , like at some of the cheaper hotel chains...
The breakfast was great and included eggs,sausage,orange juice , coffee and of course " waffles "...The breakfast included a ton of the usual other items such as cereals,fruit and muffins/doughnuts...
The indoor swimming pool , ajoining jacuzzi tun,was opened and looked inviting...
I would compare this hotel to some of the nicer $100+ chains....The staff was friendly and accomidating....I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area...I have read the reviews and wonder "why"this hotel is not number *1 in the area,it certainly is in our mind....Safe travels everyone!

Room Tip: a great choice
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bmtravel1
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stopped at the hotel on our way to Asheville, NC, and enjoyed our brief stay. It is a new hotel that is very clean with a personable and accommodating staff. We especially liked the fact that the pool and hot tub were open until midnight and opened again early in the morning. There are many restaurants close to the hotel and it was an easy on and off highway access.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JannPA
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were driving on a family vacation to Asheville NC from Maryland with our 3 kids and we knew that we weren't going to be able to make the entire drive in one piece. When we were passing Roanoke and all 3 kids were sleeping (we planned to stop there for the night) we decided to press on a bit more (about 1 more hour south of Roanoke) to make the rest of the drive on the following day shorter. I called the hotel, they were courteous on the phone, they gave us a discounted rate, and breakfast was included for everyone. The room was incredibly spacious, clean, temperature was comfortable, and the larger than normal refrigerator was a blessing to hold our beverages and medicines. Even though we were close to the highway we didn't experience any noise, the hallways and rooms were quiet (except for our 2 year old who woke up being transferred and had a meltdown before falling back to sleep) In the am the breakfast was adequate, nothing exciting but it was included, there were hot and cold varieties of items to suite everyone (2 adults and 3 kids 5, 2, and baby) Check out was a breeze and they had our receipt ready for us when we came up to the counter. We would absolutely stay here again if need be.

Room Tip: Get one with 2 Beds, they have a seating area as well where we put our Pack and Play for the baby an...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank botanical_fan
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2011

COMPLAINT - FULL charge Penalty for cancellation even 3 weeks in advance. I can not believe you allow and support a cancellation policy that is this punitive.

Today is Sept 24, the reservation is for October 15 at the Wytheville, VA, Country Inn & Suites location

When I called this morning, 3 weeks in advance, to cancel and get a refund I was told of this onerous policy. The reservation agent checked with the manager of the property and and indicated the manager told her to allow cancellation but with the penalty. While I acknowledge I now see it stated on my confirmation sheet, I am dumbfounded as I , as would most customers, assumed a fairly standard cancellation policy followed by your industry and even most of your properties. My experience has always been that this strict of a penalty is usually applied on very short notice cancellations, not well in advance.

Even though I told them to keep the reservation open (no sense in cancelling if I still have to pay for it) I still desire a Refund with my cancellation, but may likely leave the room empty before I would afford you the opportunity to rent it to some one else.

I was planning to book to another property that is part of the Carlson group to replace this stay, but you can bet that will not happen on this trip, nor ever again. Hampton, here I come.

I find this onerous penalty practice UNACCEPTABLE and will be voicing this concern to every travel related site I can find, including the BBB.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank Robert T
Fort Lee, Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stopped here on our way back from Nashville. Very clean, nice sized double queen room, bathroom rather small, but adequate. Friendly staff, though I was thrown off by the breakfast attendant asking me if grits could be reheated & served again next day. Bless her heart, she was new & not Southern. Overall, a good hotel & pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family