“Comfortable..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ramada Wytheville
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
“Comfortable..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

The staff was great..the food was good big portion (seafood fresh)

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us . We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Ramada. Hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I want to start by saying that the employees were all nice, polite and helpful. We chose to stay here because after doing a search of pet friendly motels in the area, this seemed to be the best choice. We had two rooms, one a pet friendly room, one not. Had this been one of the budget chains, I would have written it off as to being that you get what you pay for. In my mind, I have always held Ramada a bit above that, but perhaps they are now in that catagory.

My first impression upon entering the room is that it was a good size, rather shabby, but ok. We were just there for one night. The bedspreads were stained, but I always remove them completely from the bed in any hotel anyway, so as long as the sheets are clean, I am ok. Well, it turns out that there were no blankets on the bed, just the top and bottom sheet. We looked for blankets in the room and finally found them after fighting the drawers on the dresser...they were broken and stuck so we thought they were not really drawers. The blankets were really nasty looking, so we ended up not using them. The ladies in the other room had the same experience, however they could not get their dresser drawers open, so they used their coats as additional covers. I will say that the heat / air units worked well. There was mold in the bathrooms of both rooms.

I tried three different vending machines throuout the property trying to buy a bottle of water and a soda. At the 3rd machine I was finally able to get a soda, but never did get the water, so I ended up going to a convenience store for it.

This hotel was reasonable, but for the money in this particular area, I would think that you could do much better.

They did send out a survey and after responding to it the hotel manager did contact me about the issues...but do I really feel that anything will change because of it???...no, but one can hope.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JimSAtlanta
We would like to apologize for the issues that you had at Ramada. We at Ramada take pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.Our hope is that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

The personnel were very courteous and friendly. I would like to recommend the hotel to everyone. There is plenty of truck parking for all types of trucks. On site restaurant and bar. Fitness room and guest laundry. The rates are very reasonable. We truly enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Adexter
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. At Ramada we strive to offer the best. We hope to see you again in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed in Jan 2012. Clean, spacious good breakfast bar. Staff was very friendly, we will stay there again. Internet in the room nice +.

1 Thank LoveToSki69
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us a review. We at Ramada appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was prepared to lower my expectation as I only paid $50 bucks for a night including breakfast. The room was actually above my expectation because it was spacious and the linens were fresh and clean. There was a frige and a microwave in the room and I made a cup of noodle soup for myself. But unfortunately I didn't have a good night of sleep cause the radiator was too loud. I tried to turn it off but the room became too cold. The other thing I didn't like was our room open to the courtyard and we had to put on our winter coat, walked through courtyard to the other side of the building to have breakfast.

1 Thank Jade P
We apologize that with issue that you had as a guest at Ramada. Please be assured that this issue has been taken care of. Our hope is that you will us another oppurtunity to accomadate you in the future.
Copperas Cove, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I thought it was very nice. I was worried to begin with but having only paid $32 via Priceline and only staying from 11pm until 8am the next morning, I wasn't going to be quick to complain. Let me start off by saying, I am VERY picky about beds. These were the best beds I've slept in in a hotel. They were very nice pillow-top mattresses! I have a Tepurpedic at home and it's very difficult for me to sleep in anything else. That was true until last night. I slept in this bed! I thought the room was clean and the shower was very good. My only complaints would be the paper thin walls, no remote for the TV, and the toilet ran (very loud!) until I corrected the problem myself.

I really don't understand all the negative comments. Some people are just over-perfectionists, I guess.

Room Tip: Request a room on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank unschoolermom
We at Ramada would like to thank you for taking time to give us a review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I'm so surprised reading these other reviews! Either they've stepped up their game or we got lucky, because we were very happy with our experience here. Checked in just after 9pm, paid $54.95 (with coupon from one of those free hotel coupon books) for a double, non-smoking room. Staff was polite and helpful. Grounds were clean and quiet. Room was clean, very neat, everything in working order. Soaps and shampoos smelled delicious ("sugared citrus"). Several packs of coffee and sugar available. Assorted toiletries available upon request. Got a good shower and solid night of sleep. Enjoyed a free hot continental breakfast in the morning (eggs, sausage, make-your-own-waffles, breads and pastries, cereal, juices, etc.) in the on-site restaurant, which was spacious and clean. Overall, a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us a review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Ramada and hope to see you again in the futrue.