“Wonderful Escape....Just Know Where You Are!”
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful Escape....Just Know Where You Are!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

If you're looking for a wonderfully cozy getaway spot without leaving the city, then the Hotel Bellevue is a good choice. It has all the amenities of a small hotel mixed with several benefits of a larger property. All rooms are considered "deluxe" or some variation of a "suite." Most have separate soaking tubs and showers which is nice. Lots of marble/granite, soft floors, and VERY comfortable beds. Granted, I'm a 5'11" 180lbs. guy, so most beds are pretty easy on my back, but they were better than most I've slept on for a hotel.

The mild warning in the title is simply a reminder of knowing where the hotel is located within the city of Bellevue. It's about 1-mile to the major mall, theater, and most restaurants....so not exactly a place to come if you're wanting the typical "downtown" feel where everything is right outside your front door. What they do have onsite that is amazing is a world class fitness facility that you can pay extra for access to. This is because the hotel was formerly called The Bellevue Club and was simply an extension of the fitness club. Either way, if you're in to the fitness thing and want options, you'll want to move to this club! It's that amazing, even if you're just visiting/watching others, it has indoor tennis, swimming, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, and tons of other items.

The only other item to remind you of is the cost. You are in Bellevue, WA....aka the town that Microsoft (Bill Gates) built. Everything is overpriced in this town. Rooms, food, movies, shopping, and the rest will all cost you at least an extra 10-15% if not more than a similarly styled place in another town. All of this said, my wife and I have stayed here 3 times now in 7 years, so we obviously believe it's worth it now and then.

Room Tip: If you're looking for the ultimate romantic weekend with your significant other, make sure to ge...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FlickaJackson
Dear FlickaJackson,
Thank you for your comments following your visit to Hotel Bellevue. I am glad you were impressed with our guest rooms and our extensive world-class athletic and wellness facilities. I wanted to make sure that you knew our complimentary Town Car service can whisk you to and from any destination in downtown Bellevue within a few short minutes. That said, we have designed and programmed Hotel Bellevue and the Bellevue Club to have absolutely everything anyone could possibly need for a short staycation.

We are grateful for your loyalty over the past 7 years and we want to do everything possible to continue to be your destination of choice on the Eastside. Please call on me personally if I may be of service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your observations.

Brian Flaherty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I have busy schedules and an almost 5 year old son. When we decided an excape from life was needed, we knew exactly where to go. Hotel Bellevue was exquisite as always and worth every penny. We were warmly greeted by Matt Robinson and Jason Bursch, 2 of the many employees that have been treating us like celebrities for the 6 years we have been visiting the property. Over the years we have watched Hotel Bellevue transform and fully live up to its reputation. The property is beautifully kept with fresh florals, clean ammenities and soul filling food. We fully enjoyed 2 meals in Spash, the creativity and flavor was beyond what we expected! Our server, Glenn, made us feel as though we were guests in his home. Thank You to the entire staff on the property for making our stay memorable. Extra thanks again to Matt and Jason, first impressions can make or break any experience. From the moment we walked in, we didnt ever want to leave. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Keri W,
Thank you for your kind comments about Hotel Bellevue. Thank you as well for mentioning Jason, Matt and Glenn; as you have noted, they are exceptional individuals. People like them are among the primary reasons Hotel Bellevue and the Bellevue Club have been so successful for so long. We are also grateful for your observations about our grounds and our food in Splash. The team members responsible for these services and amenities have enjoyed hearing your remarks. We pledge to continue to try to raise the bar and to add more and more value to our guest and member experience.

We appreciate your loyalty and we want to do everything possible to continue to ensure that Hotel Bellevue is your home away from home for all your visits to our area. Please call on me if I may be of service. We hope to see you again soon and often.

RITZVILLE
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Bellevue on Sat., April 14. The rooms are large and very spacious. Linens are lovely and beds very comfy. As other hotels, their are always things that will need attention in the future, but you cannot go wrong with booking at this hotel. The front desk was helpful which always makes a stay easier. We ate at the Basils restaurant and the food was delicious. The location of the hotel is near nothing, but we did not wish to go anywhere, so it suited our needs just fine. I asked for adjoining rooms when I did the booking, and had to call back the night before arrival to confirm those adjoining rooms. I did check on line for specials and then called the reservation desks and got a cheaper rate because of it. You will ENJOY!

Dear stook65,
Thank you for your kind remarks about Hotel Bellevue. I am glad you found our staff members helpful and that your sleep and restaurant experience was satisfying. I hope we can welcome you back again soon and often. Please call on me personally if I may be of service.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Small hotel with big services! The super athletic club is huge draw. All staff were always welcoming. Fresh good food at The Splash. The espresso bar was excellent plus lots of delicious salad and snack offerings. I will be going back.

Dear Patty B,
Thanks for your kind comments following your visit to Hotel Bellevue. Our employees were pleased to read your comments about them, our Athletic facility and our restaurants, and we are excited to hear that you intend to return. For your information, since your last visit, we have upgraded our preparation and display equipment in two of our restaurants so that we can continue to enhance our offerings. Additionally, we have expanded our weekly Group Exercise program to include barre classes! Finally, we are enhancing some of our public areas as well.

So, there are lots of reasons for you to return soon and often. Please call on me personally if I may be of service. Thank you again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

Hotel Bellevue rooms are spacious, bathrooms are well appointed and the gym facilities are best in class. However, if you haven't visited the location before, make sure it's right for your needs. It's in the middle of a business park and nothing's within walking distance.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank jenny_gomez
Dear jenny_gomez,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Thank you also for your generous remarks about our guest rooms and baths as well as our athletic facilities. I'm not sure if you know, but Destinations magazine recently voted us as one of the top Hotel gyms in the entire world (we were ranked #3.)

I hope that our location just outside of the urban core of downtown Bellevue did not pose any challenges for you. Our garden environment is enhanced by the relative tranquility of our sub-urban location; I wanted to make sure you knew our complimentary town-car - a brand new BMW 7 series - is available to transport guests to any destination in the downtown core. Shopping, night-life, museums etc. are all less than 10 minutes door to door.

In any case, thank you again for sharing your thoughts. Please call on me if I may be of assistance. We hope we can welcome you back again soon and often.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have stayed here many times and continue to frequent this establishment because of thier superior accomdations and excellent staff. This hotel is like the Four Seasons or the Mandarin. The moment that you step in you are transported to a relaxing, understated atmosphere. The interior design is minimal but only the finest materials have been utilized.

Contrary to the previous review I found the health club to be incomparable. My wife insists that we stay at the Hotel Bellevue just so she can enjoy the incredible Eucalyptus steam room as well as swim in one of the two, Olympic sized indoor swimming pools. On past trips we have eaten at one of the onsite resturaunts and found it to be above average.

Only 2 blocks to and from I 405 and 6 blocks from Nordstrom and the mall there is plenty to do and see

1 Thank Tony C
Dear Tony C,
Thank you for your very generous remarks about your visits to Hotel Bellevue. Our design team was pleased to hear of your impressions of their work. As you may know, substantial investments in original art by Pacific Northwest artists has been a hallmark of our approach to understated and informal elegance. Also, I thought you would want to know we have recently refreshed all of our guest rooms and suites and are currently working on several of our public areas. Rest assured we will continue to invest in our facility and add value to our member and guest experience.

I hope that you and your wife can return again soon and often. Please call on me if I may be of service.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Fitness club was not close, The pool was crowded with kids and activities. Not confortable to walk in robe to pool or fitness club. Had to walk by restaurant and many social rooms. Rooms had a view of roof or road. Room and bathroom was small and did not feature many amenities. No coffee machine. Not very plush for the price or ratings that we had read. Have stayed in hotels very close to this one for a more reasonable price and better overall quality.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear kokichar,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your visit to Hotel Bellevue and the Bellevue Club. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations.

I thought I should inform you that we do offer complimentary coffee and juice each morning in the Terrace Room, located adjacent to he main lobby of the hotel. Also, we would be happy to place and maintain a complimentary make-your-own coffee service in your room at any time. I am sorry that our guest room baths, which do have separate shower and soaking tubs, as well as a separate water closet, did not rise to your expectations. I am not sure which room you are referencing but we do have several categories of guest rooms many of which have more significant square footage than the standard Deluxe room and some of which have garden patios (which are quite popular especially during the summer seaon.)

Despite your concerns, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on one of your future visits to the area. Please call on me personally so that I can ensure you receive a room that will better anticipate your needs.

We hope to see you again soon and often.

Brian Flaherty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
1.6 km away
Hyatt At Olive 8
Hyatt At Olive 8
#9 of 101 in Seattle
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!