All reviews athletic club tennis courts sports facilities bath salts complimentary car service athletic facility running track workout rooms club members olympic size french doors steam room huge gym coffee maker in the room hotel guests turn down service beautiful hotel
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

What an awful experience we had during our vacation down to Bellevue. We had booked our reservation over a month ago and upon arriving, they couldn’t find our reservation in the system. After sending us in another room to wait for the resolution from a manger which took about fifteen minutes to come, they told us that the hotel had made a mistake and Inputted our dates of stay incorrectly in their system and now the hotel was 100% booked.

After driving such a long way down to the hotel, we were turned away due to an error made on the hotels end. Their solution was to accommodate us in another hotel but still allow us to use their club amenities; however with it now taken over 35 minutes to try and find a resolution, the new hotel was ten minutes away and the pool, the only amenity we were excited to use, was closing in less than half an hour.

They also offered us a voucher for a future stay but upon reading the fine print, the voucher is only valid Sunday-Thursday when our original reservation was made for a Saturday night.

All in all, this hotel wasted 45 minutes of our time due to an error on their end and their solutions to resolve the situation was less than impressive. They sent us over to the Hyatt which had a great sense of urgency to resolve the situation and got us settled into our room in less than ten minutes.

I would advise that you either confirm your reservation to ensure that they didn’t make an error or just stay at the Hyatt where the customer service was significantly better.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank kareVancouver_BC
Reviewed June 22, 2018

we only stayed one night as a stopover on our way from SeaTac to Canada but we loved this hotel. Room spacious and clean, room service food excellent and has the added bonus of multiple sports facilities. I especially liked the indoor basketball courts with indoor running track above it. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was also good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is first rate and has the finest fitness facility that I’ve ever seen. There are all the weight machines and free weights that you’d see at a club, a wide assortment of cardio and then there’s things like racquetball, and what appeared to be 2 Olympic size swimming pools. Sadly I didn’t get a chance to try the restaurants and experience everything but it all seemed like 5 star service and everyone was very friendly and helpful. When I’m back in Seattle I will be here for sure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2018

This is a very nice, independent luxury hotel, which is combined with a large sports club, the “Bellevue Club.”

We noted the sports club portion to be very popular with its members, most of whom are presumably Bellevue locals. The club and the hotel are attached, and share the same parking lot. There was a lot of in-and-out traffic of club members arriving and leaving to work out. This was mostly in the mornings and late afternoons. Parking could get a little tight at peak times.

The decor of the hotel and rooms was attractive and a bit unusual. Doors and ceilings were high, which gave the feeling of more space than normal. Our room had a little garden patio, which was surrounded by fencing and foliage, so you had privacy. On the other side of the foliage were outdoor tennis courts.

Service in the hotel portion was excellent. Everyone with whom we had contact was friendly and helpful.

Some of the high points:

My wife is an avid swimmer and tennis player, among other sports. She really enjoyed the use of the athletic club while we stayed in the hotel. There are 2 indoor Olympic size pools (no charge) and indoor and outdoor tennis courts. There are also weight facilities, steam, sauna, basketball courts, racquet ball, day care center.

The hotel was very quiet.

There were plenty of mirrors in the room (my wife asked me to mention).

In the spirit of TripAdvisor being a resource for its users, I’ll mention a few things I did not like:

WiFi, at least in our room, was very slow.

The hotel is in an isolated location, It’s possible to walk into part of Bellevue (about a mile). To be fair to the hotel, they recognize this and provide complementary hotel car service to run guests to the downtown area. We used it a few times. But if you just want to grab something quickly from a store, it’s a bit of a hassle.

Breakfast. On weekends, there is no included breakfast. Because of the isolated location, you have the choice of going into Bellevue (drive or take hotel car or Uber), or go to “Splash,” the informal restaurant in the club. The hotel gives you a $15 credit on breakfast at Splash on the weekends (that’s $15 per room). We went on Saturday morning, and I said “never again.” The service was unbelievably, even painfully slow. However, the food, once it arrived, was very good.

On weekdays, they provide a little continental breakfast in a small area. They had some yogurt, pastries, fruit, and some granola, along with coffee and tea. (There is coffe and tea in this same area on the weekends, but no food.)

The bathroom:

Lighting was too dim. My aging eyes could use a little more light!

Stall shower was on the small side (although it did allow for a separate tub).

We did like the toilet being in a separate “water closet.”

The sink was so poorly designed, it could be the basis for an old Seinfeld episode. The counter was very deep, and the sink was set very far back. This made it necessary to lean far forward to brush your teeth, etc. That, combined with a semi-waterfall type faucet ensured that the counter between you and the sink was always soaked with water. It was a design mess.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed June 8, 2018

I travel frequently from Europe to US and see hotels in the morning and evening which is a good thing, business hotels get a good review because they were quiet and clean. Hotel Bellevue changed that.
It is properly the busiest and nicest hotel I have stayed in in the last 5 years in the US. Room was fresh, clean and quiet with all facilities, and small details that you just notice and go, a that is nice.

Bed was comfortable, pillows nice, work space excellent and the bathroom was .... a oasis in it self. My only regret I did not have time to stay in the room or use the gym facilities. Service was fantastic and efficient.

I strongly recommend this, both for business and family stay

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business