2,685 results
All reviewssky bridgegreat hoteldaniel's broilerlincoln squareshopping malldowntown seattlewithin walking distancebusiness tripself parkingfitness centerbusiness hotelfree parkingeasy accessconferenceskybridgecoinsconcierge
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels in Seattle and Bellevue and this is my new favorite in the Bellevue area. It is a pretty hotel and the location can't be beat. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. You can access Bellevue Collection easily and don't even have to go out in the rain to get there. There are lots of restaurants, a movie theater and nice bar/restaurant/ bowling alley.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed in April with my wife and 2 year old. We had a great experience. Nice roomy room. Staff treated my daughter like she was a princess. (Which she thinks she is). Concierge was very informative and helpful. Great location. We came down from Vancouver to do some shopping and found the skybridge to Bellevue Square very convenient. Took advantage of the free parking on the weekend. Only negative would be that I booked on Expedia because the hotel wouldn't match the Expedia price. I always try to book directly with the hotel so they don't have to pay the commission to 3rd party internet site. Had the buffet breakfast at the Hotel restaurant. Eventhough it is expensive, it was very good. They brought out some "Princess pancakes" for my daughter. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're pleased to hear our staff made you and your family feel right at home. It's great to hear you enjoyed our excellent location. We hope to welcome you and your princess back soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here this past weekend. We are seasoned travellers and are normally find that the HYATT meets our needs.

I decided to choose the Regency club option to take advantage of some of the "perks" that we would get for our shopping weekend.

Check in was good - until the front desk attendant told me after I asked for the WI-FI password that it wasn't included in our room. Funny, the printout she had just given me clearly showed me that it was.....not a big deal....she simply told me to "charge it" and the "charge" would be removed......Ok....

Room was a HYATT room. Nice, we were on the 23rd floor. Comfy beds, clean, great surroundings......however, there was no bathroom exhaust fan.....more on that one later.

Night one my wife and I had a great night out at Bellevue Square. Good dinner and some drinks and to bed.....apparently the rest of the floor we were on didn't agree. 12:30 AM and screaming down the hallways with doors banging.......After 20 minutes of this - I called the front desk. (Funny - when I made the reservation I specifically asked for a quiet room.....)....front desk said they would have someone deal with it immediately.

10 minutes later a small note was put under our door - it was from hotel security saying they were sorry and that the problem had been found and was dealt with. Awesome I thought to myself.....perhaps they might comp a room......

20 minutes later.....the noise was back. Not just a small noise. Literally like there were quite a few people in a hotel room.....Yelling.....doors slamming.....etc.......Another 20 minutes of this and I call front desk again. They sound surprised. (What? You can't keep security close to the floor just to "see" if the party doesn't start up again??) Regardless, this went on till past 3:00AM at which point I finally fell asleep.

Day 2. Woke up tired. Wonder why. Took a LONG hot shower. And well - did my morning thing. Thats when the exhaust fan issue came up. If you DONT like steam on a mirror and odors - make sure you ask for a room with an exhaust fan that works.

Night 2 (Sunday night) - no noise this night. Yay! A good sleep.

Woke up Monday morning - and funny thing. My "invoice" was under my door. Not one charge removed.....funny I was charged for Internet Usage as well.....

Went down to front desk to checkout. Had to bring it up with the attendant - and she looked at me in disbelief about the noise. Thank goodness I kept the note from security as proof - or I don't think she would have believed me at all.

I explained to her that as we were in a premium room ($220 a night) and didn't fall asleep till 3AM on night one....that perhaps she could discount the room or even promo it. She offered to throw in the Internet. LOLOL. I showed her my sheet showing it was free. She then offered to throw in Valet ( a whopping $28.00 a day discount!). WOW. Huge FAIL on customer retention HYATT.

I said "it is what it is" and walked out.

I am shocked at just how poorly they cared about "saving" a customer on this one......So.....Westin is just down the street......

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a working exhaust fan. Room walls are very thin - or so it seems. Ask for a room that is quiet - (I did and it still didn't work though)......WI-FI is an extra unless you go Regency Club....and valet is as well.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PURAIRGUY
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear PURAIRGUY:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bellevue. We're sorry to learn of your stay being less than ideal, as this is not what our customers should come to expect while staying with us. We're sorry there was noise in your hallway until the late hours of the night. I passed your comments along to my management, to see what can be done about security staying on the floor after a noise complaint to ensure it stops. We appreciate your suggestions, and hope this doesn't deter you from joining us at our hotel again.

If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to reach out to me as I'm happy to assist you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed May 21, 2012

(Unlike that flop on 5/18).
Like Seattle? Rent a hotel room in Bellevue and enjoy 2 cities (while attaining that elusive dream, affordable luxury) The picture above of the Hyatt Bellevue doesn't do the property justice. The real charm is to stay on an upper floor facing west so you can look at (but not down upon) Seattle. This is where you can easily imagine that since you are staying here you must be at least a multi millionaire (who incidentally may have just sold his company to Microsoft?) We are not in this category but staying here made us actually wonder....

The view alone is worth the small price we paid for the room (probably because Microsoft wasn't holding a conference during our stay.) Add to that the attention to detail in every aspect of the room and lobby area, plus the genuine warmth of the staff who offered me a little free internet time near the front desk and our only problem was dealing with the guilt of not paying enough. So we ordered room service and in spite of the tab coming to over $100 for 3 of us, I felt that we got good value.

I try to always put in one negative in every review so here goes. For guys? Sorry, no negatives. For women, one little downside. If you want to use the fitness center or the pool, they are in a separate building across from the entrance and when I wandered over in the evening that floor of the building was deserted and there was only one other guest there at the time. She looked like she could handle herself in a skirmish but I know that my 4 foot 11 wife would not feel comfortable there by herself after dark. Apologies to anyone who finds this paragraph sexist.

There you have it. Going to Seattle? Think outside the box. Double your pleasure. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: High floor, facing west is best. See Lake Washington and Seattle high rises.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear 4-star-traveler1952:

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Bellevue. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel, and the great views provided from the higher floors of our building. We will make sure to recognize our employees for the great service they provided.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue for two nights in April 2012 on business. The rooms were well appointed, if on the small side -- my room had two queen beds, which didn't leave a lot of room for other furniture. The workspace was reasonably sized with enough plugs.

What made the hotel excellent was the service, the location, and the food. The service was solicitous and prompt. The hotel is connected to the heart of Bellevue by second-floor pedestrian bridges, saving you from having to walk through Seattle weather. But the food! I can honestly say I've rarely had better hotel food. The event I was attending was hosted at the hotel, which catered breakfast, lunch, and snacks. It was an unbelievable parade of excellence, from chipotle mac-and-cheese with chilis to boneless barbecue ribs to homemade Tillamook ice cream during snack time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business