“Taiwanese food in Bellevue”
Review of Facing East

Facing East
Ranked #16 of 635 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was a good Taiwanese restaurant in Bellevue, with authentic 3-cup chicken and a really tasty beef bun. Desserts were good too, with a yummy selection of shave ice and other treats. Get there early before 6:00, otherwise you'll be waiting in line a long time as seating is limited and this place is really popular with locals.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I know nothing about Tiawan food. The menu only has 3-5 words for each dish, none of which described the dishes we saw everyone else eating. They need to provide more description. The pork burger was excellent as was the braised egg tofu. The spicy braised pork was not very spicy. We will go back today and try to order what everyone else was having.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

We had the Pork Pottage, which was flavorful. The Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs were flavorful, but tiny and had little meat. The Oyster Pancake was Crispy and had veggies, but the sauce was a little overpowering. The Braised Seaweed and Tofu were not as flavorful as the braised eggs that came with them.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2018

I met some folks there and it was delightful, as well as delicious. It was wonderful and terribly cramped - we barely got in. It will be a regular whenever I am in Bellevue.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I got there just as it was opening for dinner. It was a good thing. There was a line and we got our seats, thank goodness.

Because everyone got sat at once the service was a little slow at first, but the food came out very fast, which made up for it.

As for the food, we loved it. We ate family style and shared. Everything was delicious and the price was great. I’m not sure why some are complaining about it being expensive. Three of us ate for $50 and had zero complaints.

If I’m ever in the area I will eat here again for sure!

Date of visit: December 2017