“Warm hearty bowl of ramen”

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka
Ranked #39 of 635 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Japanese, Soups
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Just what the doctor ordered, a warm hearty bowl of ramen on a rainy day. Hokkaido Ramen has a pleasant ambiance. The noodle bowls are excellent with great texture and tasty broth. Portion sizes and prices are average.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018

This place will satisfy most ramen cravings. Non-meat eaters are advised to discuss the their best options with their server. I seriously enjoyed a medium sized bowl of ramen with fish cake, a gorgeous jammy egg and spicy miso broth. I will definitely visit again when in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We stopped for lunch after church at Hokkaido Ramen Santouka in Bellevue. The same owner apparently owns the one in University Village. The place is simple and plain. The staff is friendly and prompt. The menu is just diverse enough. My sweet bride enjoyed the combination lunch which included tonkotsu miso ramen, gyoza and a salad. She liked the ramen but said the salad was unremarkable. She appreciated the option ordering a smaller bowl of ramen; her appetite suits the smaller portion. I made a meal off the appetizer list: takoyaki, gyoza and cha-su gohan. The gyoza was good (although a bit greasy), the rice bowl was fine and the octopus spoiled the meal. Not only were the dumplings undercooked but the few small pieces of flavourless octopus had the consistency of the eraser at the end of a number-two pencil. I had my heart set of the takoyaki and it was a great let-down to have it so poorly prepared. Nini, who served our table was sweet and funny. The cooks were having an obvious good time, which usually bodes well for the food. We will return but I certainly will not order the vulcanized octopus fritters again.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Small place, but very quick. We were hungry after a night of failed places. My son and his wife like this place so we decided to try it instead of the one I wanted to go to. My husband and son ordered the Nambam Ramen 12.50 each, this is a spicy ramen and they ordered it with low sodium broth. Both thought it was very good. My son's wife ordered the Goma ramen that came with an egg and also a side of rice with salmon and roe and she loved it (16.00). I ordered the Goma Miso Ramen (12.50). It was okay, I would try something different next time and not get the low sodium broth but they wanted me to have that...not that I need it cause I am always told to eat more salt by the doctor. Not much flavor. I have had better ramen elsewhere but everyone else seems to love it, so I would give it another shot some day.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2018

After shopping my wife and I decided to go to Hokkaido Ramen. WE had been there before and enjoyed the food. This trip was just as good as the first time. fresh hot and delicious. We had Gyoza to start and Tonkotsu Shio Ramen for each of us. The broth tasted great and the noodles were fresh and cook to perfection. WE will be going back!

Date of visit: January 2018