All reviews massage chair the cottages covered porch living room fire pit full kitchen coffee maker cabin eagles accommodations sandalwood pans linens
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had a beautiful ocean view suite. It was clean and comfortable. Management went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasant. The suite/small apartment had everything we needed including a full kitchen and two bedrooms.

Room tip: We stayed in the Eagle’s Roost. It was private and beautiful beach view.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jake N, General Manager at Birch Bay Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

I'm grateful you had a positive experience, I thoroughly enjoy giving free up grades at N/C. Tell all your friends ( even though we like it to be the best keep Secret in Birch Bay) . We will take care of them to the extent we are not booked out and can not accommodate them. call me direct at the tel. online, I Vow to do my Very Best to accommodate their needs!
Hope to see you against soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2018

The space was very clean with nice linens and a nice bed. Beautiful view of Birch Bay from the living room and the nice seating area outside our living room. The manager was on site and available if we needed anything. He was also very kind to have our luggage carried up the stairs for us. There clearly have been many nice updates to the place but the kitchen could use some updating. We do cook when we go on vacation. It was somewhat of a challenge here, but still doable. There were adequate pots, and chopping knives. No cutting board, measuring cups, etc. Also, I would have preferred blinds on all the windows. But all in all, we had a nice time and appreciated that the place was very clean with very nice linens.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jake N, General Manager at Birch Bay Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

We're glad you appreciated our clean rooms and beautiful views, though I'm sorry that your stay still could have been improved. If you ever need anything in your room, or if you ever have any concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always happy to help however we can. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and I hope you'll visit us again in the future.

Until then,

Jake N- GM

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Birch Bay Get Away is an awesome place. I have been here on an extended stay for a business project. I have also taken advantage of the areas sites and recreation while I have been here. The accommodation is excellent. I have stayed in both a cabin and the Eagles roost. Born were amazing and comfortable. They have everything you need for your stay. The management and staff are wonderful and proactive in making sure of my needs and comfort. I would highly recommend families or business to stay here anytime of the year. What a wonderful find to be here right on the beach!!

Thank you so much!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin for a week, while visiting family in the area. Cabin was
very clean & beds comfortable. We enjoyed sitting out on the porch. Fast internet & parking included. We left windows open day & night, felt very safe. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jake N, General Manager at Birch Bay Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

We're thrilled you were extremely comfortable during your stay with us, Jake N- ( GM)& Shel! Hope you'll join us again next time you find yourself in Blaine.

Best, Birch Bay Team

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Office reeked of urine, occupied transient trailers set up in parking lot & in alley between “cottages” - which are jammed together. Cottage was actually nice inside but based on the multitude of security monitors in the office, the area is not safe. We booked for 3 nites & upon arrival were horrified at the condition of the property grounds & asked to be refunded - willing to pay for the 1st nite. Manager offered 10% discount - would not refund any of our money. We lost $600 - but counted ourselves lucky NOT to be staying there. Their lovely pics do not reflect the reality of the property. False advertising - ownership & manager(s) should be ashamed.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jake N, General Manager at Birch Bay Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

This was one of the most unusual guest experiences I've had in my 17 years operating this property. My Assistant Manager witnessed the interaction and we both found the fellow to have an ulterior agenda, unrelated to our property, which we will not draw conclusions about here. We have an average 4 star rating with Trip Advisor. We dialogued with the guest for about 45 minutes while he was on the property, and tried to identify his issue. He stated, and wrote in his review, that the cabin was nice inside. If you Google "neighborhoodscout" for Blaine, WA (we can't insert URL due to rules) you will see that our location, Cottonwood Beach (listed as Semiahmoo/Cottonwood Beach) is the safest location in Whatcom County. Whatcom County in general is a very safe place to live and visit. This property does not have a public office. We check guests in via phone/text, etc, due to the size of the property. The property is staffed by multiple persons at all times. Our property is in great condition. We paint buildings inside and out regularly. Our bedding, pillows, and towels are new, we replace beds often, and even have an organic mattress in one cottage. Our kitchens are fully stocked. We recently replaced several appliances just because they didn't look new, not for any functional reason. We have new gas BBQ's and plenty of comfortable outdoor seating. We are across the street from the most desirable vacation beach in the area. As a small beach community, Birch Bay code allows dwellings to be close in proximity to one another, just as you will find in other beach communities but nothing is jammed together, as was stated in the review. Even when we are fully booked, guests often comment that they aren't aware of the other guests. We are a family type of property. Children can play outside safely. Our neighbor across the street has a Tesla. They wouldn't park their nearly $200,000 car on the street of their vacation home if the community was a problem. Many of the our pictures under-represent our property. Our units are booked heavily which makes it difficult to get time to take new pictures. A lot of the furniture has been updated since our published pictures were taken. We aren't perfect but we work very hard to take good care of the property and we spend a lot of time and money doing so. People often tell us this is this is "the best kept secret getaway". We stand firmly by this response.