“Has Potential”

Worldmark Birch Bay
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Blaine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 March 2009

We needed to use our timeshare points and had enough remaining for a studio. Staff are very nice and room was immaculate. The queen sized murphy bed was too small but comfortable. There was a fireplace and more than adequate kitchen. Fortunately we had a view, but some units face a wall. The pool and spa were great. You need to drive somewhere to find a decent and reasonable restaurant--not those within walking distance ($$$). There is no 'beach' but the bay makes a nice view. You can drive up to Seminahoo for golf, restaurants, etc. or into Bellingham (about 10 min). It was a nice get away but I was ready to leave after four days.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank healthman1
There are newer reviews for Worldmark Birch Bay

Reviewed 16 November 2008

I spent Xmas week at this resort and had an overall excellent impression. I live a continent away and was using a car that I'd just bought for my daughter. A poorly done repair blew up and the site maintenance guy was fantastic in helping me get it together so it could be driven back to the shop in Bellingham. The resort has a pleasant pool area and an exercise room that is OK. The furnishing of the apartments is probably the weakest area of the resort. They give an extremely tacky motel feeling to the rooms and everytime that one did something like adjust blinds, they fell off in your hands. A general word of warning is that the area has mediocre restaurants and a small market with limited selection. I suppose that your best bet is to stock up at Trader Joe's in B'ham on your way here. Also, I'm sure that the Blaine coast is much more fun in August than December.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank astrolake
Reviewed 3 October 2006

When my friend flew in from Colorado, I wasn't sure what to do with her, but then I remembered that we have a lot of resorts in the Pacific Northwest. So, when I found some availability at this Worldmark resort, I was excited. We got up there just as the sun was setting and it was gorgeous. Though they'd put us in the wrong condo to begin, one that was used for storage, they quickly remedied that and put us in a great two bedroom. We were so comfortable. The whole place was clean and felt so welcoming. The staff was helpful and courteous. When it was time to leave, we wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank shannonblogs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Sandcastle at Birch Bay
Hotel Bellwether
#9 of 27 in Bellingham
Semiahmoo Resort
#1 of 3 in Blaine

Been to Worldmark Birch Bay? Share your experiences!