“Beautiful setting” 3 of 5 bubbles

vancouver, wa
“Beautiful setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

GREAT
Beautiful room. Kids enjoyed the pool. Beautiful bay.
NOT GREAT
Neighbor from above knocked on our door complaining.
Never received important mail sent to that location.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank worldmark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

My Husband And I had our Family Reunion and Wwedding at Birch Bay In Blaine Washington, We Had a great time and I was so Sad because, I did not know were I was going to have my wedding ,the plan was to have the wedding and reception at another location but,it was cancelled, So the employees at World Mark Birch Bay were very helpful, nice, caring understanding, and allowed us to use one of the conference rooms to hold my wedding and reception. We had a great time here and I plan to have our 2011 Family reunion at the same place. The rooms were clean and spacesous and I loved the view of the water. The staff ws so great we invited them to our BBQs and the Wedding and one of the guest brought some Worldmark Time share. Thank you for excellent customer service.see you soon Reginald and Linda Sutton.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank reglin22
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

I stayed at the resort for one week during Mid-May through an II exchange program and found myself pleasantly surprised with the place. I picked the location because it seemed to be secluded, but was also close to all other attractions of interest. Due to the calm, shallow waters, I took the opportunity to to do some clamming. Fun, but also hard work. The area is somewhat off the beaten path, but most of everything you need (groceries, restaurants, shopping) is in Bellingham (10-15 minute drive south). However, the immediate area does have a few restaurants and a convenience store on the block. Birch Bay offers beautiful scenaries, tranquility, and amazing sunrises and sunsets over the water. The area is perfect for many outdoor activiites, and Vancouver is a short drive north while Seattle is about 1.5 hours drive south.

With respect to the resort itself, it exceeded my expectations. Although I traveled solo, I did book a 2-bedroom suite. Everything was very clean. Bed was comfortable, towels were soft, and the kitchen had all necessary cooking supplies. I found it odd that the master bathroom was slightly smaller than the guest bathroom, but it suited my needs. Just one note: there is no maid or housekeeping service for your stay, but they allow you to swamp for fresh linens if needed. The staff was great with suggestions about activities and provided me with the equipment to do my clamming. These are offered to guests on a first come first serve basis. You can buy shellfish permits at the convenience store about 1/2 mile down the street, but I think children can do this for free. The resort also provided free internet access in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
7 Thank maly1
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

We needed to use our timeshare points and had enough remaining for a studio. Staff are very nice and room was immaculate. The queen sized murphy bed was too small but comfortable. There was a fireplace and more than adequate kitchen. Fortunately we had a view, but some units face a wall. The pool and spa were great. You need to drive somewhere to find a decent and reasonable restaurant--not those within walking distance ($$$). There is no 'beach' but the bay makes a nice view. You can drive up to Seminahoo for golf, restaurants, etc. or into Bellingham (about 10 min). It was a nice get away but I was ready to leave after four days.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank healthman1
Zurich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2008

I spent Xmas week at this resort and had an overall excellent impression. I live a continent away and was using a car that I'd just bought for my daughter. A poorly done repair blew up and the site maintenance guy was fantastic in helping me get it together so it could be driven back to the shop in Bellingham. The resort has a pleasant pool area and an exercise room that is OK. The furnishing of the apartments is probably the weakest area of the resort. They give an extremely tacky motel feeling to the rooms and everytime that one did something like adjust blinds, they fell off in your hands. A general word of warning is that the area has mediocre restaurants and a small market with limited selection. I suppose that your best bet is to stock up at Trader Joe's in B'ham on your way here. Also, I'm sure that the Blaine coast is much more fun in August than December.

• Liked — The pool, the spa, the staff
  • Disliked — the tacky furniture in the suites
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank astrolake
Avon, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2006

When my friend flew in from Colorado, I wasn't sure what to do with her, but then I remembered that we have a lot of resorts in the Pacific Northwest. So, when I found some availability at this Worldmark resort, I was excited. We got up there just as the sun was setting and it was gorgeous. Though they'd put us in the wrong condo to begin, one that was used for storage, they quickly remedied that and put us in a great two bedroom. We were so comfortable. The whole place was clean and felt so welcoming. The staff was helpful and courteous. When it was time to leave, we wanted to stay longer!

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the parking
  • Tips/Secrets — Either BE or know a Worldmark owner to get in. Since I'm one, just ASK!
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank shannonblogs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
0.1 km away
28.3 km away
The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
#15 of 26 in Bellingham

Been to Worldmark Birch Bay? Share your experiences!