“Tiny but terrific brunch choices”
Review of BowEdison

BowEdison
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Bow
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Eclectic Modern American menu in a Casual Fine Dining Environment. Come as you are! Kids are welcome.
Reviewed November 23, 2017

We had brunch with excellent egg dishes, difficult to chose from the menu choices. Side salad had a great light dressing. The coffee was amazing.A group of 15 were accommodate. Low tables as well as higher tables, bar half of restaurant. Tip free environment.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by after a hike on a Sunday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised. Excellent happy hour treats, tasty cocktails and a very pleasant and helpful staff. Well definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Very pleased to have had the experience of great food and excellent service
Our Brunch was fantastic! Enjoy we will be regulars!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

The $36 ribeye steak was absolutely terrible. I asked for medium well and literally half of the steak was burnt and cut to pieces, while the other half was rare. The food was also cold to the touch when I got it. My date got the fried chicken which still had pink inside. When serving poultry, everyone knows it must be thoroughly cooked for health safety reasons. How does that happen? And why would any chef worth his or her salt allow that out of their kitchen? We waited forever for our drinks and even longer for our disappointing food to arrive. This place has been open for a year now, and they still haven’t found the right formula. It’s very overpriced for the marginal quality food. And it’s not worth the drive out to the county for what you end up with on your plate. Go elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank 934jeffreyl
Management response:Responded September 25, 2017

Hi Jeffrey L,

I remember your table well. You are correct that your steak was not cooked to the medium-well temperature that you requested. When I did my "two bite check back" with you I apologized and offered to have them put it back on the grill, which you declined, so I removed the steak from your bill. When I asked if you wanted something else, you said you would just share the fried chicken with your date.
Here is where I am confused. Both you and your date gave the fried chicken high praise. When I apologized again for the cook temp of your steak at the end of your meal you said, "I would come back for the fried chicken." Both pieces of the fried chicken were completely picked clean. So I am at a loss of how to respond to your claims that the chicken "still had pink inside".
Lastly, we are a no tipping establishment. Hospitality is included in the price of the item you purchase; this can give the illusion of higher prices, but when you then factor in that you do not add a tip to the total we believe our prices are in line with similar establishments. I once again sincerely apologize that your steak was not cooked to your preferred temperature.
Bridget McShane

Reviewed August 27, 2017

When we lived in the area, we saw the many iterations of this location from a country store, to a pizza parlor, to a restaurant. So when we drove by one Sunday afternoon, we thought we'd check out the new establishment. We didn't expect much given our history with this place, but were we in for a surprise. They've done a very nice job of restoring this building. Our server was friendly and efficient and the brunch menu offers some interesting choices. The food is pleasingly presented and tasty, even if my meal was a bit over salted. The best part though is the message at the bottom of our bill announcing that this is a no tipping restaurant. Even our server made sure we understood this. I hope they have started a trend because, quite frankly, the expectation of a tip has gotten out of control. We'll return with friends to try dinner.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to BowEdison? Share your experiences!