“Perfect dining experience”

Marlaina's Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 135 Restaurants in Burien
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Israeli, Persian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in the heart of Burien / Seattle, Marlaina's Mediterranean Kitchen offers the best in Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. Marlaina's is a charming family restaurant focused on modern interpretations of traditional dishes from various regions of Eastern Mediterranean. All our food is freshly prepared on the premises, using the finest produce available to our chefs. The warm and welcoming atmosphere by Marlaina's will make you feel like a part of the family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have never been here and decided to try it since I was in the area, love mediterranean food and I'm vegan, and they had vegan options. The food was absolutely incredible and the service was off the charts. The food arrived really quickly and they even let me taste a couple of things before ordering. It was sooooo good. The servers were amazing in every way. I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

A 'go-to' place for me and my Mediterranean relatives. Great food and ambience. A cozy,friendly place.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in at Marlainas today for lunch. I don’t know Turkish quisine, but my spouse is Lebanese, so she is my guide when trying food I’m not used to.

The restaurant is not fancy. Instead, and better, it’s attractive and welcoming. Upon entering, it’s obviously a work of love by the owner, with the colors and so many things to take in. An example is the many exquisite rugs hung on the walls for decor. In fact, a very nice rug was used to upholster our booth. A novel but smart thought as it will last for many years. Be sure to look at the pictures I took.

We were seated by a jovial man wearing a funny hat. It turns out he is the owner. Such a delight to meet him. This being a slow day, he was waiting tables in addition to preparing our meals. He even had time to recommend a dish and wine. We tried both. The dish was lamb and beef stew served with a delicious spinach salad and basmati rice. OMG it was all so good. The portions were adequate, as I had to take some home with me. At the time of this writing, I had just scarfed down the rest. After lunch, we enjoyed a cup of wonderful Turkish tea. I’m not a big tea drinker, but it was splendid.

Upon bringing us the reasonable check, we spoke with him a bit, and scheduled to come back to visit with him.

An entirely captivating and worthwhile lunch. Try it. You’ll feel blessed.

May much success come to this fine man for the joy he brings others.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Came in for lunch. There was a wide choice of kebabs and salads. Almost chose the marinated chicken thigh kebab due to its tasty description, but as I'm always looking for a good vegetarian options, I settled on the chickpea and spinach stew. Generous serving. Mildly sliced. But definitely not a low-fat dish :) Worth another visit to try other menu items.

On the restaurant window is the saying, "A Traditional Tase of Istanbul"

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I came here on a whim, with someone I had called friend at the time (someone who had actually eaten "in country" during his travels). Although I cannot recall the meal we had, I can distinctly remember dessert.

Turkish coffee and Baklava. I watched my companion's eyes roll back in consummate pleasure as he sipped and supped the delights before him, and he spent an hour regaling me with never-before-told tales of his travels in places these foods and drinks had reminded him of.

I was sad when he came back to the present, but grateful nonetheless. Grateful for that cozy little restaurant, and for Turkish Coffee and Baklava.

Pure magic.