“Looks nice on the outside, unclean on inside”
Review of Cocusa Motel

Cocusa Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Well appointed handicapped room but, house cleaning must have been on strike. Rugs were filthy, tile floor in bathroom the same. Bugs and spiders found on floor and in one of the beds Noisy at night, freeway noise, near train tracks and people in parking lot after dark.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GPOP7
There are newer reviews for Cocusa Motel

Reviewed 31 March 2010

This was probably the least expensive of all the accommodations we stayed in on our 2 week road trip to Arizona and back and you definitely get what you pay for. My main two complaints were the traffic noise from the nearby highway and the fact that I couldn't connect to the internet. The front desk was unable to offer any assistance with the internet problem. The staff was friendly enough and the continental breakfast was decent. This was also the only place we stayed that had a recliner rocker in the room. I would recommend this motel to a friend only if they were sound sleepers.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Stayed for 2 nights & found this place clean, decent & quiet even though it is next to the main highway. Included a complimentary continental Breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank notboring
Reviewed 19 April 2008

We found the accommodations (in a handicap room) very clean, comfortable, spacious, well located, well stocked with pillows, towels, and toiletry articles. We live on large acreage and found it quiet and thus had a sound sleep. W plan to stay here anytime we are in that area.

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank MachkesMom
Reviewed 19 August 2007

We stay here every year! The Cocusa is just a good old fashion roadside motel. Clean, friendly and a great pool! And the price is right! My first stay was in 1966 and am happy to stay there again some forty years later!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank SouthernTrip
Reviewed 20 July 2006

I wanted to tell you about my experience. I was traveling through Burlington and needed a place to stay. I am not impressed by names, and do not pay more for a name. The quality of the room and the price are what make the value to me. I looked at several hotels in Burlington prior to staying at Cocusa Motel. When I first arrived I was sceptical. The outward appearance looked like an older style motel, I saw no windows on the outside of the motel. Naturally I asked to see the room prior to renting. The manager took me to show me a room. I was shocked, it had been recently renovated and had a door out the back into a beautiful courtyard with pool. It was like a sanctuary from the outside world. Unlike any other room in the area it had a fridge, microwave and in room coffee service. I decided that I would definately stay. The price was $30 to $40 less than any other comperable room in the area. Once I had checked in, the manager was telling me where my room was located. It was upstairs. Unfortunately, I have a bad leg and explained that I did not feel this would work for me. Despite having nearly a full house, the manager offered to give me a free upgrade in order to get me a lower level room. It was obvious that this was not easy to do, but he found a way to accomidate my needs anyways. As the night progressed, I found that many of the other guest found their way out into the courtyard and it was like a small community of its own. It was so relaxing and pleasant, I decided to stay a second night. Once again, it was obvious that this was not easy for them to extend my stay, but they found a way to accomidate me. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was well kept, and provided for almost any need a person might have. And the Bed!!!! Yes, it was probably the most comfortable bed I have found in an economy hotel. I would highly recommend the Cocusa motel to anyone who wants a quality stay at a reasonable price. I will certainly be back if I am ever in the area again.
Gianni_Battaglino@hotmail.co.uk

5  Thank cannavaro
Reviewed 3 July 2006

For almost $100 per night, this was a poor motel. I had requested a quiet room when reserving, and was steps from a loud and busy highway. The staff person didn't care and made that clear. I would not recommend this motel and won't stay there again.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank ILW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
0.7 km away
3.7 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Cocusa Motel? Share your experiences!