“Excellent pizza”
Review of Papa Pete's Pizza

Papa Pete's Pizza
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Description: This is the best pizza you will ever find. The crust is delicious and fairly thin. The pepperoni is awesome and if you like Taco pizza, a must to try!!! Right of Interstate-5.
Reviewed 19 February 2015

The service was slow, and the pizza cost more than I'm used to paying. But, I'm giving it 5 stars anyway, because the pizza was so very good. Very generous toppings. I wish it was closer to home. But I'll definitely stop here again any time I'm driving North on I-5

Reviewed 4 February 2015

I have been eating pizza from papa Pete for nearly 20 years. Since the new owner, a few years ago, the interior decor became very nice but the food has steadily declined. Last year I swore it was my last pizza from there but...you work a hard day and pizza is what hits the spot so I broke down and tried them again. What a mistake. From the first bite it was flavorless, could hardly tell there was any pizza sauce. The second bite offered up samples of bitter and metallic. The third bite had a hint of pencil lead and that fourth bite got spit out the car window. This is a shame because those pizzas use to be really good, then it was hit and miss and now it's just one bad one after another. I wish it were not so but I have to say that a visit here is a roll of the dice.

2  Thank betweentwoworlds
Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

On the road today stopped in for a quick dinner on our way south. Hard to miss the bright pink neon. Inside the decor is dated but the restaurant is spotlessly clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had dinner salads and shared a small combination pizza. The salads were nicely prepared and adequately sized served with a garnish of fresh sliced tomatoes and slices of pepperoni. The pizza was perhaps a little over done but was still quite good and had a very crispy crust. No skimping on toppings so a small was a nice meal for the two of us. Next time we come through we would eat here again.

1  Thank lunchboxbrian
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Given the option, my rating would actually be less than average and bordering on poor. I have wanted to try Papa Pete's for quite some time. We ordered a sausage, olive and mushroom. Simple enough and hard to mess that up. For the family size (their largest) I would say it was about 16-1/2 inches finished. The first few bites were okay but it soon becomes apparent that there was hardly any cheese (Domino's quantity) and very little sauce. Once this pizza cooled down a bit (it wasn't very hot to begin with) it really became marginal at best. We also ordered the buffalo style hunks of chicken and they were nothing to write home about either. To top this off, for what I describe above, the cost was nearly $50 with two sodas added. The pizza was a bit over $30! I have no problem paying for high priced pizza. But it needs to be good. This place is popular because it's large and can hold a goodly amount of people. For the area, the prices are astounding! Castle Rock is just a wide spot on the road and I doubt very high on the economic demographic's scale! For the money, this place is RIDICULOUS and I

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a small family gathering and ordered take out pizza. It was ready on time and quite
good. We ordered several different pizzas and all were what we expected. This location has the
best of all the store locations in our opinion.