“Always a great lunch”

Cuisines: American
Description: 1-360-274-5360
Description: 1-360-274-5360
Reviewed December 21, 2017

I've only eaten lunch at Lacey Rha's Cafe but they do a great sandwich. Staff are friendly and food is worth the stop.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

We stopped at Lacey Rha's in Castle Rock after looking it up on the internet since we were on our way to Mt St. Helen's. The server greeted us warmly but took forever to get us seated. She was charming, if not efficient. We ordered French dips for the most part but my daughter ordered the tuna melt which was delicious and much better than the french dips. Another member of our party ordered breakfast and enjoyed it. Because everything took so long to get to us, I asked my daughter if she had recorded my grandson's dance performance at camp and she gave me her phone to watch it. All of a sudden this woman came running out of the kitchen yelling, "we don't do that kind of stuff around here!" I looked around to see what was happening but it was me she was yelling at. Clearly confused, as was everyone else at the table, we asked her what was the problem. She pointed angrily at my cell phone. I still didn't understand because they have free wifi signs in the restaurant. My daughter told her that and she replies, "you cannot have your phone in speaker mode." I stare at her and turn off my phone (which was not that loud and definitely not disturbing the other two people in the restaurant) and now we know why there were only two other people in the restaurant. We couldn't even make a hasty escape because the server hadn't brought the bill. There are ways to ask a person to turn off their cell phone and this was not it. The restaurant was very quiet after that. We all agreed that this woman hates cell phones and I never did get to see my grandson's performance. Our feeling is that if you don't want someone to use the speaker on their phone, please post a sign. We stopped at the library after the restaurant and they had plenty of signs saying "Turn off your cell phone." I'm not sure if everyone in the town hates cell phones or just those two locations.

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

This eatery is in an old downtown Castle Rock building. It has seats for about 35 diners in a uninspired atmosphere with little charm. I don't like paying for atmosphere, but I do enjoy a cheerful place. Not too cheerful here.
My Saturday visit during the lunch hour hosted mostly local seniors, including me. The busy server was just that...busy. No chit chat. No smiles.
I ordered a bacon cheeseburger that came with 5 different sides to choose from. I asked for the green salad with bleu cheese dressing.
My water finally came with no ice in a plastic "glass", which I immediately accidentally knocked over as it was so light.
So while I waited for my food, I also sat with a soaked paper placemat observing the interior. Boring. I will say the carpeting looked new, and clean.

The best way to review this place is by using Pros and Cons.

The Pros: I found a parking spot right in front.

The Cons:
The bacon cheeseburger and salad came together. It would have been nice to have my salad first, but they consider it a side, so it comes with the meal.

The bathroom is 2 steps from the tables in an added boxed-in room adorned with lattice. Ewww. Not nice hearing a toilet flush as I eat.

The burger patty was DRY as all get out, and over cooked, as well as the bun, with only a small dab of mayo on one bun. I could hear the microwave door repeatedly slamming shut, so I was prepared for a not-so-great lunch. I was right!

The burger plate came adorned with a dozen or less tri-color tortilla strips. Why? I put them on my salad which made more sense.

The bleu cheese dressing was way too vinegary, so I had the server bring me some Ranch so I could
finish my salad.

I do not like being addressed as "darlin" by a stranger.

My bill was $9.66 for this lousy lunch.

1  Thank adnylp
Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

They dictated to me that burgers only come well done when I asked about getting mine medium. I'd already ordered it or I would have selected another option. It was WAY done...not a smidgen of pink and I'm a bloody beef eater. The rest of our food was lack luster and there were 4 of us. I will NEVER go there again!

Reviewed December 15, 2016

We decided to bypass the freeway exit restaurants and look for a small, local cafe and we're glad we did. Lacey Rha's Cafe is in charming, downtown Castle Rock, just a mile from the freeway exit. The proprietress was delightful and the food is excellent diner fare - sandwiches, soups, salads and good coffee! The decor is modest, with historic photographs of the area and paintings by local artists.