“Large Portions, Reasonable Prices ”

Reng Hua Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Being new to the area and also having grown up in a small town, I was eager to try this local business. I was not disappointed. The owner, Li, is a very personable sort. She is very friendly and also knowledgeable as to the ingredients of the various dishes which are served to her patrons. I ordered one of the combination dishes which included sweet-and-sour pork, fried shrimp, and chow mein along with my choice of either hot and spicy soup or egg drop soup. While the egg drop soup wasn’t the best I’ve ever tasted, it was very good. The shrimp or battered in a very light coating of a delicious and crispy batter. The sweet-and-sour pork was delicious and had plenty of sauce. The chow mein was covered with Julianne strips of pork. The portions are so large I had to take half of it with me. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

This place is a gem. Food is high quality and portions are large. Friendly service tops off the experience.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Very plain unassuming looking place but I was craving some Asian food. We received a friendly greeting and seating at a booth. Complete menu and very reasonable. We each chose different combo dinners which were extremely reasonably priced. The food was produced quickly but obviously was freshly prepared. Lots of crunchy perfectly cooked vegetables in pork chow mein. Very interesting egg roll with crispy coating and generously filled with vegs and shrimp. And a nice egg foo young patty all on my plate. My husband's plate had beautiful fried rice, sweet and sour pork, a chicken dish, and 3 huge prawns. Each plate could have fed 2 people with the very generous portions, and total cost for both was $18.00. What a deal in this small town which seems to be a gateway to Mt. St. Helens.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Long day of travel and late at night, detoured off Route 5 into Castle Point looking for a bite to eat We found the restaurant after 9 PM which was after closing, and the graciously invited us in and cooked for us. The food was good. The hot and sour soup was unique. Lots of vegatables

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Best Chinese food in the area. We eat in out order out monthly. My wife loves their Sesame Chicken and I like everything on their menu. The have a wonderful Happy Family and General Tso Chicken. Prices add very reasonable.