New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
olympia
“Very good Family stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been to this hotel about 3 times, and twice my family had a blast but one time I stayed I happen to be in between 2 rooms that had some joint family birthday party and they were enormously loud at 1 am yelling, cursing and drinking. BUT the security was called and in the hotels defense they did their best without involving the police. But thats just bad luck and a bad group of people, so besides that time we all loved it. We got a wolf havens den for the kids once and they loved it since there was bunk beds and their own television and and it kind of looked like a cabin. I would reccomend the morning breakfast buffet but I wouldnt reccomend eating there for any other reasons, besides the breakfast the food wasnt very good and slow service. I may be saying a lot of the bad things but thats just so you dont get surprised because besides the small things we loved the experience. Tons of activities to do with the kids and of course the water park is incredible. I would give it 5 stars if not for my one bad experience and the slow food service, but I am understanding about the service because this place is always buisy because its great.

Room Tip: Wolf havens den was a very fun experience for kids and stay away from room near the stairs very loud...
1 Thank john r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Abbotsford,BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband & I took our daughters (10 & 13) 0n a last minute trip for 1 night at the Great Wolf Lodge.It was Easter weekend,we booked the Majestic Bear suite,very nice room!! The water park has something for everyone,all ages.I think that the lodge/water park & activities are best suited for children 5-10yrs.There is lots to do but be prepared to pay big for it! We paid $500 for one night (Room & water pass only,for 4) There are many "add ons" you can purchase. The line ups for the slides were ok at night but very long in the morning and afternoon.We all had a great time(especially the kids),but for the money we paid,i think next time we will be going elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the elevator,especially on the first floor.Kids take part in a "q...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rachele777
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Overall, our family had a great time at Grand Wolf Lodge. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it and claimed to have "the best time ever!". We reserved the "Wolf's Den" room which was big and nicely decorated for the kids. They loved having their own space with bunk beds and TV. Drawbacks: The food and games can get really expensive. While the "Magiquest" game was clever and looked to be a lot of fun but we opted out of it because it would've cost $40 per child when all is said and done. At night, the lobby and halls are overrun with loud children (many without supervision) and as a result, it was hard to go to sleep and the common areas were littered with trash. I believe the hotel could do more work in keeping common areas clean. The food is over priced, so I would reccommend bringing in food and keeping it in your room (there are microwaves and refrigerators).
Having said all this, the water park is fantastic. There are a lot of employees around watching to make sure all the kids are safe and the common areas are kept very clean.

1 Thank Rezets
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

As a person who works for a hospitality based customer service oriented company, I have to say I was less than impressed by Great Wolf Lodge's cancellation policy.

I made arrangements with Great Wolf Lodge to stay for one night for 4 people; after sharing the excitement with my wife she said "we could go somewhere nice for double or triple that time for the same price ($430)". She was right (as she often is), so I picked up the phone and called later that same day. Mind you, our reservation is scheduled for 8 days away during Spring Break, so they won't have an issue filling the spot. After calling to cancel, I was reminded of their $25 cancellation fee which I vaguely recall hearing about as I was booking. This is simply bad business's and one that doesn't earn repeat customers or potential customers to ever want to visit. Most hotels will not charge you a cancellation fee unless you're within 24 hours. It's not like they don't have time to book or have done anything other than take a reservation, so why take my hard earned money? I even pleaded with them to make an exception to no avail, so the money obviously means more to them than my family enjoying themselves at a fair market value.

If you are booking be 100% certain that you'll be going and your significant other agrees with the price prior to booking. As a result of their policy, I will NEVER be a customer of theirs.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Craig W

Travellers are raving about these Centralia hotels

Bellevue, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Great Wolf Lodge was pretty much what I expected and I had really low expectations. We spent a weekend with several families for a birthday party. The kids, supported by a seemingless unendless supply of money courtesy of the wrist band on their arm and backed by their parents' credit cards, had a fabulous time. Here is the best advice I can give:

Rooms: If you are going to upgrade, really upgrade. We went for a kids cabin (for 5 of us) and were sorely disappointed. The "cabin" enclosure takes up a lot of space and gives no real privacy to either the parents or kids. It just makes the room seem very small and shrinks the bathroom. We looked into one of the larger suites and it is significantly bigger. And, like many of the other reviews, the beds are terrible. Do request a room away from the elevators and main stairs...the magic quest thing makes that area a zoo.

Plan to spend money: If you have older kids, you won't keep track of them, and there is no way to really keep track of what you are spending. The front desk really can't even tell you a total...or won't. So, just be prepared to spend a lot of money if you give kids access to the room account through their bracelet. We tried to set a limit of $50 each and our kids sort of kept track, they're 11 though.

Don't plan on eating well: The restaurants are pretty much what you'd expect. If you don't veer from hamburger, chicken wings and fries, you'll be ok. The food was actually less expensive than I would have thought. Do bring your own beverages and snacks to consume in the room...there is a mini frig.

Have a plan for the evening. They close the waterpark at 9 - so older kids go to the arcade and there is nothing for adults to do...at all.

Lines are long, it's crowded, chaotic and loud. This is not the place for a relaxing weekend. If you don't like Vegas, you will detest the Great Wolf Lodge.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and main stairs - they are much quieter.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank wendypel
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was an awesome trip for my friends and family! There were 14 people in our group ranging from age 4 to 65 and everyone had a blast! We were there for 4 days during spring break. There is lots to keep everyone busy. Some of the kids played Magicquest and loved it and the 3 oldest went to the Teen Club Gr8 Space and liked hanging with kids their own age. My son even found some friends to hang out with at the water park. Loved the lodge decor of the resort. There were 6 kids and 2 adults in our room so we stayed in the Grizzly Bear Suite. I was quite spacious and it was nice to have a separate bedroom for the little kids to go to sleep and the older kids and adults could still stay up and visit. It also had 2 bathrooms and 2 sinks were outside of the main bathroom for kids to brush teeth. Bed was really comfy. We had the whole group of 14 in our suite at one point for pizza dinner and while we didn't have enough seats, there was more than enough room for all of us. The meals at the resort aren't outrageously priced and they do have healthy options. There are mini fridges in all the rooms so we brought cereal and fruit for breakfast. There is a coffee maker in the room but the coffee provided is quite weak, so bring your own. One morning I noticed housekeeping left two packets of coffee so I used both and it tasted much better. Or you can just go down to Starbucks! Nice to have in the resort. The ice cream was reasonably priced as well. We brought our own liquor and bubba mugs to use while at the hotel. There are signs by the waterpark that no outside food or beverages allowed, but we brought some and saw many other people with as well. Show up early for story time as it gets crowded fast, and you want good seats to see the show. We went to the outlets down the road as well and did some shopping. The wristbands are a smart idea. The wristbands have the option as being used as room keys, which we did for the adults and older kids, as well as, linking up to your credit card so you can just charge it to that! Nice to order lunch by the pool, as well as, hitting Starbucks! All in all, great holiday, thanks GWL!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, the hallways are long and you could spend a lot of time walki...
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012 via mobile

We just spent two nights here and it was about what i expected. The lodge is very nice, staff were very friendly and helpful. The convenience of their wristbands was very nice, but the noise,oh man!!!! Children run the halls from 6am until 11:30pm!!! Parents just let their kids run wild here. Next time i will spend the extra money and take my kids back to Disneyland again, where parents have to keep their children in check!!!!

Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
9.3 km away
11.3 km away
Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
22.0 km away
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!