Lost Resort at Lake Ozette
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Van Riper's Resort(Sekiu)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
The Pacific Inn Motel(Forks)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgeneral storeranger stationcabintrailheadwifideerfacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is one place you do NOT want to book. They nickel and dime you for every extra--even showers! Their cancellation requirement is two weeks before date of stay; however, we made our reservation only four days before our date of stay, so we obviously could not cancel our reservation two weeks before. Even so, we did cancel just 12 hours after making our reservation and they refused to refund our money. Guess they must have been hurting for money to be so sleazy to refuse a refund after only 12 hours. BTW, no place we've ever stayed has required anything more than 72 hours' cancellation notice. We suspect their cancellation requirement of 2 weeks is their strategy to never give any refund. On principle alone, stay away from The Lost Resort.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms...and no bathrooms either. So no shower for you...unless you want to pay extra!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017

There are three rustic cabins on site. The one in which I stayed was clean, large enough to have bunk beds as well as a double, and equipped with a small electric heater for chilly mornings. As advertised, there are portable toilets nearby. There are electrical outlets but no plumbing in the cabins (as advertised). This is a great base for a day of beach exploration via one of the three-mile trails nearby. WiFi is available at the facility's combination deli/coffee shop/office/general store. Bring your own groceries; the general store is well-stocked, but the prices reflect the fact that it's the only store within 20 miles.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 is closest to the privy but nearest to campsites. The campers are pretty quiet, though.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

After failing to reach Shi Shi Beach from Rialto Beach due to weather and exhaustion, a fellow weary traveler advised me that near Ozette Ranger Station there is a campground with cabins. I then broke from my group and hiked up to the Lost Resort in the pouring rain. Unfortunately, I did not have a reservation and when I got there, all the cabins were booked. Luckily, I met a couple inside the Lost Resort from Ohio who asked me were I was coming from. I told them where I came from and how I ended up at the Lost Resort. I was exhausted, soaking wet and unable to hike any further. After listening to my hard luck story these kind people offered me their cabin, saying they were leaving for hurricane ridge early and were not going to stay. I offered to pay them but the kind gentleman agreed to accept only half. After I secured a cabin, I ordered a delicious homemade pizza from Rhonda behind the counter, who was a pleasant as can be. The menu here is GREAT! The supplies they have here are 2nd to NONE in this remote area. They had everything you need to camp, hike plus they have ice cream, BEER and 100 different cold and hot drinks with snacks galore. My cabin was clean, comfortable, well built and heated! I was able to dry out all my gear, fuel up on more of the food Rhonda and Kyla were making and got to me George who was passing by checking on my stay. I cant tell you how AWESOME it was to find this place. Not only was I blessed that the DalHausens offered me their cabin but the facilities were way above anything I expected! HOT SHOWERS! CLEAN BATHROOMS! Beautiful surroundings and easy access from the road! My group and I are already planning out next trip and kicking off from The Lost Resort has already been agreed upon! Thank you Rhonda, Kyla, George for the friendly hospitality and of course Bob Snyder who owns and runs the show here! THIS IS A MUST STAY LOCATION!

Room Tip: lots of camp spots but only 3 cabins so call ahead and reserve. no dogs
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank btobin134
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I really wanted to like this place because I live on the Peninsula and anyplace that helps bring in tourists should be good... right? Sadly, I must say save your money, and take it either to the campgrounds at the Ranger Station on Lake Ozette or stay near Lake Crescent, Neah Bay, or anywhere else instead of Lost Resort. They nickel and dime you for everything. $3 for showers, even though one worker said they didn't charge for showers if you're staying there and then when we went to shower: oh wait you have to pay $3. They charge double occupancy for the cabins if more than two people are staying in them-- why have a bunk bed and a queen bed if only two people can stay in the cabin?? Coffee, snacks, everything they have at the store is way overpriced simply because they know they are the only place within 20 miles that you can buy anything. They claim to have toilets and showers-- well, aside from the showers costing $3, it was filthy inside and last cleaned who knows when. Toilets consisted of port-a-potties which were absolutely disgusting and filled almost to the brim. We ended up driving down the road to use the facilities at the Ranger Station at Lake Ozette instead of use the overflowing port-a-potties. Everyone who works at the store is rude or simply uninformed. One worker would tell us one thing, while another worker would tell us the complete opposite 2 hrs later. The cabins themselves were really rustic and the heaters inside really kept the place warm, so that was nice. They claim to have wifi, which they don't. And the beds themselves were squeaky and super uncomfortable, although perhaps they were better than sleeping on the ground. I really, really wanted to like this place. Unfortunately the unsanitary facilities, the inconsiderate staff, and the unnecessary expenses will drive us to recommend-- and stay-- somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Carly P
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We chose the Lost Resort for its proximity to the Ozette Triangle trailhead, and the cheaper prices during low season and were not disappointed. To anyone complaining about the amenities, remember this is a campground and not a hotel!

The cabin was clean and well appointed with a table and chairs for your stay, as well as a 5-gallon water jug on the porch for washing/drinking. The little heater kept the place toasty. We appreciated how much room there was between cabins, so there's no noise from neighbors. We had a lovely morning visit from some deer, as well.

The general store has a great selection of snacks and drinks for anyone who showed up unprepared.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple