“Good, clean room for weary travelers' last night of vacation”

Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed 25 July 2017

My husband and I realized we would not make it all the way back to our home in Snohomish County, WA and so we booked this hotel while en route. Large room was clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. Good continental breakfast. You could do far worse, and the town itself is in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We needed to get a hotel because we were too tired to drive all the way back to Spokane from Seattle, looked in North Bend, and booked online through Choice Hotels. Overall it was a good choice. Our 2-queen room was large, had a sofa, table and chairs, refrigerator and microwave, separate toilet tub/shower with sink in room. There was no lighting in the half of the room by the windows so it was very dark. There is no elevator to the second floor. Breakfast was waffles, 2 cold cereals, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, breads... The orange juice was sludgy-turns out the concentrate had settled to the bottom and that was all that was left. The clerk pointed out that it was almost 9 (end of breakfast). But then she changed her attitude and sincerely offered to make me fresh juice. The towels were clean, soft, and budget-sized. I suspect that the management has made a lot of effort to upgrade the facilities and strives to maintain an adequate level of service with as lean a staff a possible. It is hard to write a review because it basically feels like a below average place being turned into a definitely average place. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I'm very disappointed to report the worst customer service experience I have ever had. My husband and I booked a one night stay at Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort, Cle Elum, WA on Saturday, August 26 for $103.77.
We are flying to Seattle from Chicago for a wedding. Today, we were told that the wedding location had been changed. I called to either cancel or change our reservation to another Choice hotel in Seattle where the wedding is now located.

The first person I spoke to was extremely rude, and continued to cut me off and interrupt me, repeatedly saying that the confirmation email said no returns. When I called and spoke with someone else, he was more professional. However, he asked me for my address and email for "confirmation purposes." Immediately after hanging up I received an email that I'm now a member of Choice Privileges membership which I do not appreciate.

We would have never booked this hotel if we knew this was non-refundable, and I have never heard of a hotel not honoring a cancellation or exchange almost 3 months ahead of the date.

Choice Hotels do not put the customer first, and clearly do not invest in customer service. I usually never write reviews, but I just hope other potential guests do not have to go through the same unprofessional, terrible service. Nobody wants to stay somewhere were they'll be tricked, nickle and dimed, and disrespected. Choice Hotels have lost us as guests forever.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017

This Econo Lodge was an excellent choice for our overnight stay. There was a slight issue with the room we were assigned and the clerk on duty immediately gave us other options. Room was very clean, bed comfortable and breakfast was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I was in town visiting with my sons & booked a two bed & sofa bed room so we'd all have our own bed. One of the beds clearly had not been changed out from previous guest(s). When I told the front desk about it the next morning the attendant said we should have called the front desk to have them come & change out. I told him we didn't get in until 2:00 am & was not up for dealing with it at that time & asked for compensation of some sort. He offered up $11!! After a nearly 10 minute negotiation & wait we settled on a measly $22. I thought it should have been more but saw I was going to get no where & made a decision to move on & not stay there again. My credit card statement arrives & I was only credited $11. I called & they refused to make it right. I know it's only $11 but it's the principle of the experience for me. Entire situation handled very poorly & would not recommend this place to anyone. Side note...a customer who was in the lobby listening to our conversation at check out approached us & said she would not stay there again either based on the way our situation was handled.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KimMcCoun
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We were nearby for the WA Solo and Ensemble Festival at CWU. Normally,when visiting CWU, we stay in Ellensburg but booked late this year, so we tried Cle Elum, about 20 miles west. The rooms were comfortable, clean and seemed a little larger than similar hotels. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good pressure. The breakfast is the standard free breakfast: waffle maker, cereal, toast, yogurt, etc., but was quite welcome. The service was excellent and the hotel as a whole, very clean. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2017

After reviewing all the lodging in Cle Elum, I chose this one because they allowed pets and I have a service dog AND a pet dog. They knew and respected service animal law - no question - and ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING was wonderful. Room was clean, staff was cordial but attentive to our needs. Not the Ritz, but not the price. For around $100 - two adult guests, two dogs, convenient parking (and place to take out dogs), two continental breakfasts, TV, internet, plenty of clean towels. Value simply doesn't get any better than this. If I'm ever in Cle Elum overnight again, this is definitely the ONLY place I'd stay - and I am picky! Thanks to all who made it possible at The Econo Lodge in Cle Elum

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
37.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#4 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!