“Nice hidden gem in the town”
Review of Mandarin Garden - CLOSED

Mandarin Garden
Cuisines: Asian
Description: On Google. Search "Mandarin Garden, Colville, WA"
Description: On Google. Search "Mandarin Garden, Colville, WA"
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

Excellent food, fresh and tasty. It was difficult not to get greedy and share fairly! Staff were very attentive, and kept the food coming at good intervals and explaining each dish. The Orange chicken was amazing. Pleasant and neat presentation, Excellent taste!! We also ordered Beef and broccoli. Love it. Beef is so tender and the broccoli is as fresh
as just getting it out from the farm.

It seems to get super busy. Lots of people.

Definitely worth to have a meal here more often. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

There are a few poor reviews of the once mandarin garden now dragon village restaurant. They just opened up with new management, name, menu, ect. Considering they are still in the learning phase and now expecting the number of people, they should be given a bit of slack. You can't expect a perfect visit when they have just opened in the last couple of weeks. Anyway, we ate there last night. They are tremendously better than the former mandarin garden. The sweet and sour was not my fav. It was more peppery tasting than sweet. The almond chicken was the best I have ever had, sesame chicken was great, rice both fried and white cooked to perfection and the cashew chicken was also amazing. Can't wait to go back again. They didn't forget anything and the portion size is great. I can't say enough good about this place! Yum!

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

I'd read that the new owners/new name (Dragon Village) meant improved food, but have to say this was a disappointing meal. Panda Express has better flavor than the beef and broccoli lunch plate special I purchased today. Hot and sour soup was not spicy at all, the fried rice that came with the lunch was simply white rice tossed with hoisin sauce, no vegetables, and while the portion was generous, the bite sized egg roll that accompanied the meal was gummy inside. Good service despite a VERY busy lunch rush. Not likely to return. Restaurant can easily accommodate singles, large groups, families with kids.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

I ate here last year. Management changed very recently I’m told, and the place is now known as the Dragon Village.
My experience is close to last year’s, except for the TERRIBLE Hot and Sour Soup, and lack of Fortune Cookies.
I stopped in just before 3 PM, so thankfully was able to order off the lunch menu.
I thought the prices were a bit much for supper, and would not stop by outside of lunch special times.
The waitress was polite, and quickly let me seat myself.
The first table I sat at wasn’t right: It seemed a bit higher than it should be, and there wasn’t enough room between the back of the seat and the table. Very uncomfortable, so I moved to another table.
That one was comfortable, but hadn’t been cleaned. The hostess noticed this, and quickly cleaned it.
My order was taken in a timely manner, and the alleged Hot and Sour arrived quickly.
What a horrid disappointment! The soup was a very strong beef broth, had heat in it, but no vinegar. The vegetables were off color, and mushy.
I think this was a very, very old soup, and it was probably the worst Hot and Sour Soup I’ve had, even worse than Port Townsend (friends simply don’t let friends eat Chinese there!). I can’t give it more than 2 out of 10. Yuck. Don’t order it!
The Beef with Broccoli came out in short order: Presentation/plating was nice, it had a good color, and I was able to get the meal with the fried rice at the same price instead of the usual white rice.
The beef was tender, the broccoli pleasantly crunchy.
The rice seemed a bit old, and was a minor disappointment for a fried rice.
The quantity was marginal. Even though I had a reasonable lunch before arriving, I left very hungry.
All in all, I thought the price was a bit high for quantity delivered, slightly offset by a better quality of beef. Still, I don’t think it was worth it.
What really irked me was the lack of a fortune cookie with the meal.
That was cheapness... They couldn’t cost more than maybe 25 cents wholesale.
A perceived lack of value = no return visits.
Also, the place has quirky hours built around the hostess and probably owner shutting the business down to do something with her daughter.
All in all, with input from the locals, and my experience, I probably won’t go back, and I have concerns for the long term survival of this restaurant.
Do yourself a favor, and go somewhere else.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

We love the food and try to eat there as often as possible. We usually call ahead and get it to go. We eat the sweet and sour chicken and pork. Eggrolls are great. We don't eat at the restaurant much.