All reviews hot tub on the deck whale watching get away great view of the harbor small marina rosario resort units fireplace trees ferry island cabin carrier unplug cell
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Just up the hill from the harbor area. Our cottage was great. The hot tub on the deck (unit 105) was a nice treat after a day of hiking, cycling, or whale watching – even in the rain; our hot tub had a roof over it but walking around the area not all the units had this advantage. In the evening, you could sit at the table on the deck or in the hot tub and watching the activity in the harbor or just the birds flying around, including bald and golden eagles. There was very little traffic on the road, so taking walks in the evening or morning was no problem. This location is a little out of the way, but were made multiple trips to the hiking trails at other locations on the island with no problem and made it to most of the trailheads within 30 minutes. Cell phone and internet coverage in the area was marginal, but it you really need to find a signal it was possible – just might not be possible from you unit. Or if you need internet there is one public computer in the owner’s lounge.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NSP9454
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Great view of the bay, lovely accommodations. Hot tub on your time on your porch. The studio deluxe easily slept the 4 of us but, no wall to muffle the snoring of your roommates. Lol!! Large bathroom area with very large shower. Bunnies were frolicking around the grounds.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank V627ABmichelleb
Reviewed October 11, 2016

My husband and I just spent Sat-Monday at this resort. It's breathtaking. The best rooms are 112 (that was us) 113, 114. You have the view of the bay from your own hot tub. YES, hot tub your very own.

Things I noticed while on the Island. The people on this island are NOT very friendly. If you think you're coming to a island where everyone is laid back and nice, think again. Don't get me wrong, a few places were great. Worldmart was friendly, Orcas Island winery was friendly, The people at Rosario Resort the lounge are awesome, but they better be for the price of that place....Whew! They have a really cool museum at Rosario Resort. FYI everything on this Island is three times the amount. I was in line and heard a lady in front of me buying cigs, the price $11!!! I about fell over when I heard that. So if you're a smoker be aware.

Places we ate: LOVED Deer Harbor Inn, best calm chowder I've ever had. New Leaf Cafe, it's not cracked up to what the reviews say. It's okay, but wouldn't go twice. Madrona Bar and Grill, excellent and the music play list they have is fabulous. (don't get the bloody mary ..yuck) A must is Oracs Island winery. Good wine and a cool chick who works there.
Must see: Mt. Constitution.... AMAZING views the drive has winding roads and TON of deer. So be careful. Speaking of deer, they are everywhere and bunnies. There's a beach outside of Eastmore where you can park and gather seashells. We never saw any dolphins or whales , which was a bummer. October was a beautiful time to go. It was sunny and not to cold.
Lastly: We almost didn't make it off the Island. The main ferry was broken and everyone was set back. The line was long, but we got on at 5:15 (thank god) So always make sure the ferry is working WAY in advance before you leave.

I will have photos soon! Any questions, please ask I would love to help.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank swaimk
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Great views, right near the water. We had a one bedroom unit, only a 2 burner microwave and small fridge ( the freezer is so small that it is not really a freezer).
Hot tub on each porch are very nice, but they do have to have time to reheat fairly often. Great heated pool area. Three shared BBQ grills. Laundry facility is shared, but had no trouble with availability. Fitness room and pool table. We were in a handicap unit, but there is a significant hill to walk up and i believe this would be difficult for any one with problems walking. There is a decent size grocery store in East Sound, about 20 minute drive. also tried Buckbay Shellfish, very fresh clams, oysters etc. Very relaxing area. We had no cell coverage here. The Wifi is spotty and slow. Overall, I loved it here.

Room tip: There looks to be to large units right on the water. I would try for these.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kara W
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

This side of the island was wonderful and fun. We spent a weekend there. The cabin we stayed at was beyond perfect, quiet, clean, big enough for two. The balcony offered a beautiful view of the marina. The water had a beautiful green like color, it reminded me of Spain, but better. We were on a very hot weekend it was about 75-80 degrees. We were able to go fishing at the west beach (I believe that is the name) we got only 1 fish, but we feel with the low tide and the unusual heat that would have been the case, still was an enjoyable experience. There is a lot of rentals for boats, Kayaks, stand up paddle, etc. Everyone on the island was very friendly. At night the temperature cool off a little bit and we were able to enjoy the hot tub, under a sky full of stars, you could see them all. It was beautiful. Totally recommend stargazing and wine with your love one.

The next day we caught the 5'o clock ferry to Anacortes, if you plan to catch that one make sure you make it on time, otherwise the next and last one on a Sunday is at 7pm.

The worldmark had also a pool and a rec center which we did used. There is a pool table and a huge screen.

Date of stay: May 2016