Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Day on the Water

Had out of town family from NY and CO and thought a sail in the San Juans would be an iconic treat... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2018
Matthew B
Arlington, United States
Always sail

Ward Faye will always make sure that you experience a real classic wooden boat under sail. He'll... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
Linda S
Arlington, Virginia

All reviews captain ward hour sail great sailing orcas island san juans sailing experience experienced captain all ages wonderful afternoon tiller sails aura boat seals vessel terminology passengers
Reviewed August 26, 2016

Our three-hour 4:30 pm sailing trip included our 2.5 year old son, which could have easily been a disaster. Much to our delight, it was laid-back, beautiful, calming and informative. Captain Ward was patient, kind and thoughtful. Our son remembers seeing seals (yes!), porpoises (yes!) Orcas (nope.) and grandpa (referring to Ward). A child-size life jacket was provided and fit him perfectly, which allowed us to go to the bow of the boat with him for a different view. The weather was warm, sunny and calm. We would recommend this trip for anyone wanting a relaxing view of the islands.

1  Thank happyfam2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Iris is a well-maintained classic wooden sailboat. Captain Chris is a genial and knowledgeable host who made us feel right at home. Since my wife and I were the only two guests he let us do most of the sailing( we have sailboat on the east coast).

It was a delightful evening and great to see Friday Harbor in such a peaceful way. We strongly recommend this excursion.

Ward F, Owner at Northwest Classic Daysailing, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

I think you meant that nice review to go to San Juan Island Classic Daysailing.
We are easily confused since they chose a similar name to my business.
Captain Ward, Northwest Classic Daysailing
Sloop 'Aura'

Reviewed August 3, 2016

My wife and I were the only ones on the boat with the captain on a beautiful afternoon sail . Weather was perfect for sailing - sunny , good wind and perfect temperature , just make sure you bring some sunscreen if you don't have any hair :-)
The captain was great , the boat was nice and the trip around a bunch of the islands was really cool . Definitely worth the price and I would go again if we're ever back on Orcas Island .

Reviewed July 30, 2016

Lovely sunset cruise. We would do it again in a heartbeat. If you like, bring appetizers. The Captain made the whole beautiful trip even better with his local knowledge.

1  Thank kekirkeby
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

What a treat this was to take a boat out for an evening sail. Another couple also booked which was fine, we enjoyed their company. My husband and I booked a sail departing at 4:30 and enjoyed great weather and great sailing. The captain, Ward, was very easy going and made sure we all got a chance to sail. We loved it!