“Great get together”

Northwest Classic Daysailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering 3-hour day-sails aboard Classic Wooden Sloop "Aura" from May to October, departing from the Deer Harbor Marina. Learn to sail, steer and handle llines as much or as little as you desire. Bring food for a floating picnic. We will navigate through the scenic heart of the San Juans. Maximum 6 people. It's beautiful out there!
Reviewed 27 August 2016

It was a wonderful opportunity to spend really quality time with my grown daughters and a fiance. We were able to sail the boat as if it was ours. If we get back to Orcas we'll do it again.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Our three-hour 4:30 pm sailing trip included our 2.5 year old son, which could have easily been a disaster. Much to our delight, it was laid-back, beautiful, calming and informative. Captain Ward was patient, kind and thoughtful. Our son remembers seeing seals (yes!), porpoises (yes!) Orcas (nope.) and grandpa (referring to Ward). A child-size life jacket was provided and fit him perfectly, which allowed us to go to the bow of the boat with him for a different view. The weather was warm, sunny and calm. We would recommend this trip for anyone wanting a relaxing view of the islands.

1  Thank happyfam2016
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Iris is a well-maintained classic wooden sailboat. Captain Chris is a genial and knowledgeable host who made us feel right at home. Since my wife and I were the only two guests he let us do most of the sailing( we have sailboat on the east coast).

It was a delightful evening and great to see Friday Harbor in such a peaceful way. We strongly recommend this excursion.

Ward F, Owner at Northwest Classic Daysailing, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

I think you meant that nice review to go to San Juan Island Classic Daysailing.
We are easily confused since they chose a similar name to my business.
Captain Ward, Northwest Classic Daysailing
Sloop 'Aura'

Reviewed 3 August 2016

My wife and I were the only ones on the boat with the captain on a beautiful afternoon sail . Weather was perfect for sailing - sunny , good wind and perfect temperature , just make sure you bring some sunscreen if you don't have any hair :-)
The captain was great , the boat was nice and the trip around a bunch of the islands was really cool . Definitely worth the price and I would go again if we're ever back on Orcas Island .

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Lovely sunset cruise. We would do it again in a heartbeat. If you like, bring appetizers. The Captain made the whole beautiful trip even better with his local knowledge.

1  Thank kekirkeby