Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Day on the Water

Had out of town family from NY and CO and thought a sail in the San Juans would be an iconic treat... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2018
Matthew B
Arlington, United States
Always sail

Ward Faye will always make sure that you experience a real classic wooden boat under sail. He'll... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
Linda S
Arlington, Virginia

All reviews captain ward hour sail great sailing orcas island san juans sailing experience experienced captain all ages wonderful afternoon tiller sails aura boat seals vessel terminology passengers
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Made a reservation to sail with Captain Ward on Saturday Oct 8th for a sunset trip. He proactively reached out via e mail and informed me of severe weather coming in that would make that less than enjoyable. He suggested alternatives and we settled on Sunday the 9th at 3. Great weather and a fabulous time. Ward allows his passengers to become part of the crew and steer the ship and work the ropes on the sail which is a huge bonus vs other rentals I have used. Just a wonderful time. Ward is funny and extremely knowledgeable of the history of the Area and makes an excellent guide. I cannot recommend him more highly. Look forward to sailing with him again in April

Reviewed October 2, 2016

My husband, two-year-old son, and I went out with Captain Ward for a morning of sailing. It was such a fun and educational experience! My husband and I are novice sailors, so Ward was kind enough to teach us a bit more and let us try our hand. Ward was also incredibly knowledgeable about the islands and wildlife. We saw seals, porpoises, marbled murrelets, jellyfish, and more. Our son loved the experience and talked about it for the rest of the weekend. We're looking forward to our next visit to Orcas and sail with Ward!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We had a perfect evening sail with Ward. He is friendly, competent & informative. And he let me take the tiller for the evening (with guidance, of course). Lovely experience!

Reviewed September 19, 2016

We had a lovely full moon sail this last weekend. Our schedule was tight and Captain Ward accommodated us very nicely. The boat is in great condition and has nice cushions so you are nice and comfy. He made sure we saw some animal life and it was a lovey experience. Very mellow and beautiful. I think this is a great addition to an Orcas trip. You see things differently out on the water.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Our sailing experience with Capt. Ward was nothing short of wonderful! The weather was perfect, as was the whole sail. He let us sail the boat and experience the real feel of the morning breezes and waters. Capt. was knowledgeable, enjoyable, and gracious. HIGHLY recommend this 3 hour experience of heaven on earth!! Would definitely repeat this trip!