“Very accomodating, knowledgeable captain who is always proactive with safety issues on the sailboat. Very congenial.”

Northwest Classic Daysailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering 3-hour day-sails aboard Classic Wooden Sloop "Aura" from May to October, departing from the Deer Harbor Marina. Learn to sail, steer and handle lines as much or as little as you desire. Bring food for a floating picnic. We will navigate through the scenic heart of the San Juans. Maximum 6 people. It's beautiful out there!
Reviewed May 5, 2018

Custom made a special excursion for my interests and needs (ie. vegetation, wildlife and marine life of the area, historical information, instructed me with hands-on guidance to learn to sail) Very honest, kind and an excellent coach. Had an awesome experience. He works very hard to accomodate tourists and is very well versed in sailing the waters of the San Juan Islands. Thanks Ward. Will come again.

Date of experience: May 2018
"helm"
"seals"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Captain Ward was just terrific with our kids (and with us too). Taught the basics of sailing while providing a nice tour of the waters near Orcas, including a visit to some seals. Relaxing and fun way to spend the afternoon! Totally worth it and we hope to be back. His boat, the Aura, is the perfect size for a family outing.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Made a reservation to sail with Captain Ward on Saturday Oct 8th for a sunset trip. He proactively reached out via e mail and informed me of severe weather coming in that would make that less than enjoyable. He suggested alternatives and we settled on Sunday the 9th at 3. Great weather and a fabulous time. Ward allows his passengers to become part of the crew and steer the ship and work the ropes on the sail which is a huge bonus vs other rentals I have used. Just a wonderful time. Ward is funny and extremely knowledgeable of the history of the Area and makes an excellent guide. I cannot recommend him more highly. Look forward to sailing with him again in April

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 2, 2016

My husband, two-year-old son, and I went out with Captain Ward for a morning of sailing. It was such a fun and educational experience! My husband and I are novice sailors, so Ward was kind enough to teach us a bit more and let us try our hand. Ward was also incredibly knowledgeable about the islands and wildlife. We saw seals, porpoises, marbled murrelets, jellyfish, and more. Our son loved the experience and talked about it for the rest of the weekend. We're looking forward to our next visit to Orcas and sail with Ward!

Date of experience: September 2016