Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Day on the Water

Had out of town family from NY and CO and thought a sail in the San Juans would be an iconic treat... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2018
Matthew B
Arlington, United States
Always sail

Ward Faye will always make sure that you experience a real classic wooden boat under sail. He'll... read more

Reviewed August 19, 2018
Linda S
Arlington, Virginia

All reviews captain ward hour sail great sailing orcas island san juans sailing experience experienced captain all ages wonderful afternoon tiller sails aura boat seals vessel terminology passengers
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Capt Ward does a great job of providing a comfortable, enjoyable sailing experience. He explained sailing terminology and decisions he made as we sailed, so we learned a lot from him. My husband enjoyed helping out the whole time. Ward's laid back personality made for an enjoyable, relaxing morning on the water.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time with Ward and the other guests on this sailing trip. It was a beautiful day on Orcas, and being aboard a cool, vintage boat with an experienced captain, who knows a lot about the area, was fantastic. Ward let us take turns at the tiller, and working the lines for the sails. He took time to explain sailing concepts, and told us interesting tidbits about the area. It was a wonderful afternoon and one of our best experiences in the San Juans. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Do you like sailing? You’ll love this trip! Never been sailing? You’ll love this trip! I had an unusual experience in that no others had signed up that afternoon and I had the boat and Captain Ward all to myself. I’ve done a fair amount of sailing, so he let me do a lot of the “work”. I loved it. If you’re new to sailing, he’ll gladly teach you as much as you want to know or do. Or, just let you relax and enjoy the ride. I can’t think of anyplace more beautiful to sail than the San Juan islands. The area within range of a three hour sail out of Deer Harbor is spectacular. This is one of the most memorable things you can do while on a vacation to Orcas Island.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We went yesterday with our six year old. I was concerned that the light summer winds around here would make for a lot of motoring but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sailing. Ward was a great host.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Capt.Ward is a patient and knowledgeable sailor. His boat is 70 years old and in great shape for such a nostalgic boat. He allowed all 6 of us to take the helm and work the sails. It was a bit tight on space but with 2 in the front,it was fine. We loved that the boat was older, if your looking for a fancy boat. This is not the tour for you. We recommend the Aura and Capt Ward to you. On a ferry back to Orcas we saw the Aura sailing, with the sails blowing and it listing to its side and it was a beautiful site. To think we were on the same boat the day before made me smile.