“Always sail”

Northwest Classic Daysailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering 3-hour day-sails aboard Classic Wooden Sloop "Aura" from May to October, departing from the Deer Harbor Marina. Learn to sail, steer and handle lines as much or as little as you desire. Bring food for a floating picnic. We will navigate through the scenic heart of the San Juans. Maximum 6 people. It's beautiful out there!
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Ward Faye will always make sure that you experience a real classic wooden boat under sail. He'll also let you operate the tiller and experience what it's like to steer the boat under sail. He welcomes you and your snacks and wine. It's fun to sail with Ward out of Deer Harbor afternoon, evening or anytime.

All reviews
"helm"
"seals"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Capt Ward does a great job of providing a comfortable, enjoyable sailing experience. He explained sailing terminology and decisions he made as we sailed, so we learned a lot from him. My husband enjoyed helping out the whole time. Ward's laid back personality made for an enjoyable, relaxing morning on the water.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time with Ward and the other guests on this sailing trip. It was a beautiful day on Orcas, and being aboard a cool, vintage boat with an experienced captain, who knows a lot about the area, was fantastic. Ward let us take turns at the tiller, and working the lines for the sails. He took time to explain sailing concepts, and told us interesting tidbits about the area. It was a wonderful afternoon and one of our best experiences in the San Juans. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Do you like sailing? You’ll love this trip! Never been sailing? You’ll love this trip! I had an unusual experience in that no others had signed up that afternoon and I had the boat and Captain Ward all to myself. I’ve done a fair amount of sailing, so he let me do a lot of the “work”. I loved it. If you’re new to sailing, he’ll gladly teach you as much as you want to know or do. Or, just let you relax and enjoy the ride. I can’t think of anyplace more beautiful to sail than the San Juan islands. The area within range of a three hour sail out of Deer Harbor is spectacular. This is one of the most memorable things you can do while on a vacation to Orcas Island.

Date of experience: July 2018