All reviewsbeautiful viewstay there againunitsmarinaorcas
Reviewed November 2, 2015

The hotel is being redone by new owners, both the bar and dinning room are very inviting, parts of the old out buildings are run down, they need make it look that they are upgrading the building with some information when you check in---we stayed a newer buildings around the point and it was great, room were updated and well stocked. Food was above average and the reception desk was very helpful

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2015

If there is one piece of travel advice I feel most strongly about it would be "GO TO ORCAS ISLAND!!". It's one of the most spectacular places I've ever seen! And if you're going to go...stay at Rosario. It's old, it's historic, it's sort of iconic. We LOVED every thing about it. The people staying on boats in the marina come up to the bars and restaurants at night and we met some very interesting people. The grounds are gorgeous! Our room was just perfect. There are deer wanting around and seals/otters in the lagoon. It's just amazing. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank DoggLVR
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Orcas Suites - WOW! what a view off our balcony. We had a birds eye view of the area around the Rosario Resort and we could watch boats coming and going into the small marina at all times of the day as well as being able to see the ferries in the distance. Our "building" was a mix of privately owned condo units and motel units available by the night. There were other folks in the building but it was like we were alone - no noise problem. We walked to the Rosario Resort and a couple other spots nearby. It's a short drive to the small community of East Sound - many places to eat, but we would recommend the Lower Tavern. We dealt with Lori for our reservation and while we were at Orcas Suites - very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and very clean and a large bathroom to spread out in. Close to the main road which gave us access to Moran State Park.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I took a 10-day retreat on Orcas Island Washington from Oct 6th-16th, 2013. I could hardly have chosen a better place to stay. The staff were extremely courteous and worked around my wishes for privacy (especially the ladies who kept the room neat and clean).

I had a suite which included a separate master bedroom with bath and balcony, a living room/dining room/kitchen, and a wonderfully large luxury bath which had a jacuzzi tub, two sink stations, and a stand-alone shower. Had this been somewhere else I would have paid $400 or more, but the remote location and the generous deal I was given made this accommodation a little under $250/night.

There's no room service, but a nearby hotel has an excellent dining room and lounge. I perfered to take the 15 minute drive to Eastsound and dine at Madrona Grill, or one of the many other options.

My trip was the last days of the season, so I really enjoyed the solitude. Moran State Park was minutes away (by car) and I enjoyed spending loads of time hiking in the Pacific Northwest Rainforest. Other easy to reach activities were whale-watching, charter fishing, horseback rides, and even bi-plane aerial tours of the Islands.

One last note... the deer population on Orcas Island is very tame. You can feed them by hand (but you should not). They do not get out of the way of oncoming cars... so speed limits are low all over the Island and not only is it lawful to keep to the posted limits, it may save your life! If I have the chance to go back, I certainly will book here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here one night, but enjoyed it very much as it is close to the state park and very well kept. We would go back for sure. They were very nice and accommodating. Wonderful stay in all for our family of three. It would be nice for more dining options to be nearby as those are currently limited by location. Property was nice.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family