Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great day on the water!

Had an excellent time, caught fish, and saw some incredible views. Captain Marty was great... read more

Reviewed March 30, 2018
Glen W
TOP NOTCH, BEST FISHING TRIP!!!

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and booked a trip with Captain Sean on the El Jefe. We... read more

Reviewed July 10, 2017
malymurphy17
Oswego, Illinois

All reviews captain marty el jefe fish san juan islands whisperer boat orcas
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Marty and his crew were incredibly accommodating. We had a scheduling mixup and they took care of us like their own. They run a first class operation.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 17, 2016

We have just returned home from Orcas Island where we fished with North Shore Charters. Marty was fantastic helping to set everything up for me, my family and friends. My son Max caught a monster salmon, and had a terrific day. Captain Sean was skilled, knowledgable and very conscientious of us all. We have fished around the world, and would definitely recommend North Shore. We had one boat with small children fishing close to shore - they caught fish and had a blast and we had another boat of seasoned fishermen (and firsherwomen) and all were very happy! Thanks again.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank sean c
Reviewed June 19, 2016

It was our first time fishing on the ocean. I am prone to motion sickness, which I discussed on the way out to fish. Marty turned his little boat around and we went back to get a bigger boat, so that it was less likely that I would get sick. The entire time fishing he was very attentive to our needs, and quick to help out with a snag. I only wish we could've caught more fish, but some days the fish just don't cooperate. We had a wonderful time, and we look forward to getting back out there to beat our top score.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 27, 2016

We booked North Shore Charters for a 4 hour fishing excursion. Had a great time. Sean was a great captain and helpful for a family of rookie fishermen/women. We got lots of spotted prawns and a nice ling cod. Just finished a delicious dinner of our bounty. Great day!! Highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed September 15, 2015

Captain Marty, was on-time, patient and provided us with a great experience. He had a great boat, El Jeffe, which was comfortable and stable. The sea was relatively stable, but had it been rougher our experience would still have been great. We were on fish after 15 minutes of arriving at our fishing spot, we hooked into roughly 15 fish, boated 4, and we broke off on two very large fish (30lbs leaders) all in under 4 hours. He offered to drop us at a different island to save us a ferry trip to a different island. Highly recommend them, just remember to pack beverages and some snacks.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank Nels D
Martygan99, Owner at North Shore Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

Thank you!