“The best.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Eastsound
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Nestled in the San Juans on Orcas Island in the Village of Eastsound, you'll find a quant small baking kitchen, a place for grabbing breakfast/brunch on the way to explore the island or a mid day lunch break with soup. After a long day exploring the island, we'll see you back for a slice of heaven with one of our fresh-made desserts. Even linger, watching our bakers working at the large baking table and get some tips on honing your skills. We'll see you soon at Brown Bear Baking.
Reviewed September 26, 2016

This is one of my favorite bakeries of all time. Everything is delicious, but my favorites are the bread pudding, the croque monsieur, and the granola. Brown Bear makes hands down the best bread pudding I've ever had. I never order bread pudding anywhere else after eating Brown Bear's for the first time last year. We've adopted a new Orca's tradition: croque monsieur for breakfast (one ham, one veggie), a bag of granola to bring hiking in Moran, and a post-hike bread pudding. Brown Bear tastes good, smells good, and even sounds good. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Reviewed September 25, 2016

Come early for a good selection as the bakery gets crowded quickly ...good selection of bread, quiche, croissants. I had the vegetable quiche warmed and really enjoyed it with a good cup of coffee.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Loved this small little bakery! It smells divine when you walk in! I loved my ham and cheese croissant type thing (it had a fancier name than that) and my husband had the salmon quiche that he just loved! Coffee was excellent as well! Honestly it was hard to choose what to order because everything looked so good!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

This bakery in Eastsound is popular with locals and tourists. They offer a good selection of croissants (I had the jambone), quiches, muffins, breads as well as sandwiches and coffee and espresso. Limited seating inside but also an outdoor patio.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

This is the go to place for great coffee and homemade baked goods. They always have a line and if you see something you really want in the pastries window, you just cross your fingers they don't run out before it's your turn to order. If they do run out, be assured there's something else you'll love coming up hot and fresh. My only complaint is they don't open until 8:00. Our ferry departed at 8:45 which didn't leave us enough time to grab anything on the way out.