“plan to stay here again...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 Eastsound B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Everett, Washington
“plan to stay here again...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

This is a lovely B&B on a very scenic part of Orcas island. Carol and Bogdan were very kind and gracious hosts. We had a great time while staying here. You can reach most parts of the island in 15 minutes (or less) from this location.

They have 4 rooms at this B&B so if you plan to stay here during the summer months, then you should make reservations ahead of time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

I stayed here in September 2010 with my wife on a soggy trip to the San Juan Islands. We stayed here for two nights in between camping to treat ourselves and we weren't disappointed.

Carol, Bogdan and Pulaski are excellent hosts and were always available to suggest places to go on the island, give cycling tips and, in the case of Pulaski, chase a ball around the yard. The breakfasts are also fantastic.

We stayed in the Pelican room and it was beautifully decorated and had a wonderful balcony with a view of the bay. The room was very comfortable and felt private.

We would definitely recommend the Blue Heron. It is a bit expensive, but it isn't out of line with accommodation elsewhere on the island.

If you are a cyclist, don't miss riding up Mt. Constitution. It is very challenging and immensely rewarding.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

Spent one night at the Blue Heron on a three day trip to thew San Juan Islands. Bogdan and Carol could not have been more welcoming or helpful. We stayed in the Pelican room which was very well decorated, clean and most comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and the price for four of us represented excellent value for money. Would love to go back again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

Genial hosts, good food, lovely room and great view.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I first stayed here in late June, early Jul 2006 on my own. I returned this Jun (2010) with my husband. Carol & Bogdon - owners/proprietors - are very friendly, kind and helpful hosts. Delicious cookies in afternoon, ,and delicious breakfasts with variety day to day. They're also willing to accommodate dietary restrictions within reason - you just need to let them know in advance. Any suggestions about the accommodations - they are open to hear, just let them know.
In 2006 I stayed in Pelican room which is very spacious. This time we were in Egret room which is less spacious, but nice. The bathroom in Egret is notably smaller than Pelican. There is a larger shared bathroom in hallway which might be an option too?
Both are upstairs rooms with a nice balcony and view -- we saw a bald eagle!
I like the West Sound location because it is peaceful, but it is a drive to East Sound or the other side of the Island.
I like the tea/coffee and small refrigerator that's available just outside our room.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
houston, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

I was with my daughter and her fiance, enoyed the hosts, felt like I was at home and I wanted to get up and help with dishes. They just made you feel right at home. There was another couple with dogs ( labs). If they did bark we didnt hear them. I would recommend this place to anyone - they accept children and pets. I have to add that this was my 1st experience at a B&B, I hope I wasnt spoiled too much. I did recommend this to my son and his family = they stayed on Orcas before.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Portland,oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

Our stay at the blue heron B&B was relaxing and comfortable. Carol and Bogdan are clearly experts in the hospitality business. They have created a charming environment. We were welcomed warmly, offered assistance planning our activities, and then given privacy. We enjoyed being able to read and chat in the living room after returning from dinner, without any sense that we were intruding on the owners. We felt at home and look forward to future visits. The full breakfasts were delicious!

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
8.0 km away
Tucker House Inn
#4 of 10 in Friday Harbor
7.5 km away
Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast

Been to Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!