“Very friendly & comfortable experience - in 2006 and 2010”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Eastsound B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I first stayed here in late June, early Jul 2006 on my own. I returned this Jun (2010) with my husband. Carol & Bogdon - owners/proprietors - are very friendly, kind and helpful hosts. Delicious cookies in afternoon, ,and delicious breakfasts with variety day to day. They're also willing to accommodate dietary restrictions within reason - you just need to let them know in advance. Any suggestions about the accommodations - they are open to hear, just let them know.
In 2006 I stayed in Pelican room which is very spacious. This time we were in Egret room which is less spacious, but nice. The bathroom in Egret is notably smaller than Pelican. There is a larger shared bathroom in hallway which might be an option too?
Both are upstairs rooms with a nice balcony and view -- we saw a bald eagle!
I like the West Sound location because it is peaceful, but it is a drive to East Sound or the other side of the Island.
I like the tea/coffee and small refrigerator that's available just outside our room.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2010

I was with my daughter and her fiance, enoyed the hosts, felt like I was at home and I wanted to get up and help with dishes. They just made you feel right at home. There was another couple with dogs ( labs). If they did bark we didnt hear them. I would recommend this place to anyone - they accept children and pets. I have to add that this was my 1st experience at a B&B, I hope I wasnt spoiled too much. I did recommend this to my son and his family = they stayed on Orcas before.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Our stay at the blue heron B&B was relaxing and comfortable. Carol and Bogdan are clearly experts in the hospitality business. They have created a charming environment. We were welcomed warmly, offered assistance planning our activities, and then given privacy. We enjoyed being able to read and chat in the living room after returning from dinner, without any sense that we were intruding on the owners. We felt at home and look forward to future visits. The full breakfasts were delicious!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Our experience at the Blue Heron was delightful. Carol and Bogdon are very friendly and helpful hosts along with their dog, Pulaski. We felt the location was convenient and enjoyed relaxing on the porch overlooking West Sound, and sitting in the living room by the fire in the evenings. What a joy to find a completely dog-friendly B&B! The fenced yard allowed our girl German Sheperd Dog to play off leash and enjoy romping with "Mr. P". The excellend breakfasts were served at times that fit our schedule. The "Walrus" room was comfortable but a bit small for the two of us and our 65 lb girl dog. We would love to visit again (in a different room) and have already reccommended this B&B to several people.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2009

The owners of the Blue Heron B & B are wonderful, the amenities are very comfortable and your dog will love it too! The owners are real dog lovers and the dog of the house really welcomes the other dogs, making it a special place for people and dogs alike.

There's a great side yard where the dogs can play and you can relax on the big front porch that overlooks Eastsound. A true gem of a location. There's nothing we could have wanted that the Blue Heron B & B did not offer.

We stayed at the Blue Heron while in town for a friend's dog friendly wedding this summer. The food at the Inn was great, the owners were really helpful and wonderful to talk with, and always had great suggestions and information.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The room we stayed in was delightful, it is definitely a great location and really nice room. It is definitely a dog friendly B &B, The view on the porch was very nice, The breakfast was very fresh and delicious, although they could of offered some fresh fruit or bread or a variety, A few more towels would of been nice in the bathrooms,all in all it was a good stay. They also arranged whale watfching for us, but didnt mention that they switch to a different tour boat. Although that also worked out fine.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We spent four days in Orcas Island for our 19th wedding anniversary, and this was one of the nicest anniversaries I've had! The owners of the bed and breakfast couldn't be nicer, and the breakfasts every day were incredible! The other guests were so enjoyable to talk to, and because they accepted dogs, we always had something to talk about and look at! There are so many great things to do on Orcas Island, and it was only a short drive from where we stayed. The rooms were so cute and quaint, and the bed was very comfortable. Because it is an historic home, it did have its own sounds, and you could hear well if someone came in late. Overall, we had a terrific time and will definitely return! The view from the balcony was amazing! The owners did their best to make us feel at home and comfortable! Our dog Sasha was very happy and so were we!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
8.1 km away
6.7 km away
Rosario Resort and Spa
Rosario Resort and Spa
#2 of 5 in Eastsound

Been to Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!