All reviewsfirst choicefree breakfaststaff was friendlynight's sleeproom was cleanin townfront desk staffplace to stayexcellent stayoatmealoff the highwayfitness centernice breakfastcentral washington universityother hotelsihopduvet
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sparkling clean, very large rooms, very friendly staff, very quiet, good breakfast, very comfortable bed, just off exit 106 and reasonably close to CWU and downtown Ellensburg. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I had to travel across Washington state leaving very late for a conference in Seattle the next day, so we made a stop in Ellensburg to break the trip. I chose the hotel because of a combination of low price and good prior ratings.
Our experience was excellent. We were greeted as expected guest, our room was stylish, immaculate and very comfortable. The bed was exactly what we needed! The next morning we found the breakfast ready early and it was good - eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit, yogurt, decent coffee, juice - and complimentary. There were also breakfast bags available for people in a hurry.
Excellent value for price paid.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a decent but not memorable place to lay your head after a day on the road.

The bed was quite comfortable, but sleep was made a bit difficult by a noisy refrigerator and heating and air conditioning that was hard to adjust. The bathroom was fine, spacious and with a well-functioning shower. Towels were a bit small and thin. We were also surprised not to find any glasses--only paper cups. I know that's ecologically sound, but wine is better in a glass.

The breakfast was decent with a good coffee and tea selection and scrambled eggs and turkey sausage in addition to muffins, cereal and a bit of fruit. The breakfast area was clean, bright and spacious. There wasn't much in the way of dining within walking distance except for IHOP, so we ordered a pizza (from Pizza Rita, which was good and delivered promptly).

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean W
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel was clean & looks fairly new, staff was helpful & I thought the breakfast was alittle better then the average ,since there was some fruit and one or two different things then usual.The town is small,we stayed there for 2 nites,going to Idaho(about 3 1/2 hrs)Then we went to Mt.Rainer Nat'l Park about 45 min.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Recent business trip took me to Ellensburg, WA. First time at this Hampton. Right off freeway and just few minutes from downtown Ellensburg. Hotel was solid. Room was large and clean and bed was very comfortable. I asked for quiet room and was given one facing away from freeway and aways from the elevator. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Spent two nights there and ate complimentary breakfast both mornings and found it about the best of any hotel of this class I have stayed at. Fresh fruit, couple hot items and overall plenty of variety. As noted in many of my reviews I prefer being able to open a window for fresh air but typical of this style of pre-fab hotel you can not open your room window at all. I used work out room and its good and there is an indoor pool. Here again I prefer outside pools especially in the summer but that too is uncommon in this class of hotels. All in all this is good hotel and probably nicest place tio stay in Ellensburg.

Room Tip: This hotel sits far enough away from freeway to minimize road noise but room facing the back will be quieter. If you want to bath tub vs. shower you'll need to request that in advance, although that means you'll get room with two queens. All rooms with King have shower only.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business