“Love this downtown treat.”
Review of Kai Sushi

Kai Sushi
Ranked #107 of 465 Restaurants in Everett
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Great attention to detail. Very fresh. Comfortable, relaxed space. Attentive service. Easily worth a weekly visit.

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant about four times. On our most recent trip, the server remembered our names, which was impressive, as it had been around a month since we'd been there. We have mostly been there at lunch, and ordered the bento box. It's your average bento box (entee, salad, rice, miso soup, tempura...), but executed very well. For my "entree", I have enjoyed the salmon teriyaki, which meets my most important criteria of being "not too sweet". I have always noticed the tempura. Among the included items are a couple pieces each of shrimp and asparagus. Each visit, both have been incredibly light and tender, not heavy and greasy. There are several pages of "fancy" sushi, but I have only tried the spicy tuna roll. It was delicious, almost silky, if that makes sense. In addition, the space is beautiful, if simple.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Reasonable price, great service, tasty. What more do ya want? We enjoyed soup and California rolls. Clean and pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

I don't usually choose to go for sushi, but this was so good that I can't wait to go back! We ordered three different items for two of us at lunch. We had enough to eat and everything was really good! My favorite was the Veggie Vegas Roll.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

Stopped here for lunch with the family. We came based on Yelp reviews hoping for something really good, but found it to be generally average.

The space itself is extremely clean and modern, and the staff were very attentive and friendly. They checked up on our table more often than expected.

We had the following dishes:
- Bento Box with Chicken Teriyaki - the chicken teriyaki used chicken breast which seemed to be precooked and reheated, so it was really tough and dry, which the sauce could not coverup. The salad, tempura and gyoza were OK.
- Bento Box with Chicken Katsu - a better option then the teriyaki. Katsu was thin, but also a bit on the dry side.
- Tempura Udon and Roll Combo - udon was fairly standard and sushi was OK, but not special.

Overall, based on the food we had, we thought it was average. Perhaps we should have tried the specialty sushi rolls, so I'd still consider trying one more time.

Been to Kai Sushi? Share your experiences!