“Needed better BBQ sauce, not much in presentation, high prices”

Depot Cafe and Smokehouse
Ranked #106 of 456 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 425-257-3140
Description: 425-257-3140
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Looked like an interesting place so I took a chance. The person taking the order said I would pay later. I can see why if a plate of pulled pork, a small side, and a coke was $19.85. I'm from Tucson and this place would be out of business in a week. Won't be back. Average at best, boring presentation, dull BBQ sauce, and just not a great visit. I was there at noon and the place was empty.

Reviewed March 12, 2016

I REALLY wanted to enjoy this place, since it was off the beaten path and smelled pretty good walking in. Unfortunately, the food was unremarkable.

I had pork ribs and the meat was tough and fighting to stay on the bone. My husband had the bbq chicken, and said it wasn’t bad. Maybe the ribs had just been sitting around for too long, and had we showed up a couple hours earlier, it may have been different? THE BEANS ARE DELICIOUS, and probably saved this review from getting too low, only because the beans show the potential of this joint, and maybe we just popped in at the wrong time.

We were also there when one of the guys working, not really the customer service type, got into an argument with a customer. I’m not one to claim “the customer is always right”, but sometimes, ya just gotta use a little tact. Then again, maybe this is how WA and CA differ? I dunno, he was cool with us, but it did make it kind of awkward after that.

If we were to stop by Everett again, and were looking for some bbq, we would think about stopping in to the Depot, during the lunch or dinner rush, when the food may be a little fresher. Oh, get the beans!

Reviewed November 30, 2015

Visited a number of times. The food is great and the service is great as well. I like BBQ and am from the south and this is good.

Reviewed October 2, 2014

The third time was the charm. The Cafe's real hours seem to be a bit irregular and I am pleased that the four of us finally were able to have dinner at the Depot. I look forward to more visits. We enjoyed and shared the pulled pork, ribs, chicken and many side dishes. I am here to praise the Cornbread!!!
Prices are reasonable, portions ample and the menu offers a good variety of selections. We found that there were also some beers and wines available that were not on the menu.

1  Thank Harvey6f
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The Depot offers barbecue in a slightly smoky, thin, silky sauce that is quite well flavored; they serve it over chicken that is falling-off-the-bones tender, ribs that are somewhat oddly cut and more chewy but still flavorful, and pulled pork sandwiches along with burgers and a few other items. Their cornbread is sweet with corn in it, baked in a loaf pan and served warm. Baked beans are black beans with a molasses sauce. This was a nice place for lunch and portions were quite large.