“Great place for a 21st birthday party!”
Review of AFK Tavern

AFK Tavern
Ranked #183 of 439 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Took my daughter here for her 21st birthday. It was awesome. So many fun drinks! The atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for. It was loud, packed with gamer nerds, and everyone was friendly. Our waiter played Cards Against Humanity with us, and told us jokes. All of the staff were cheerful, goofy, and helpful. We only ordered one appetizer to share, the Bacon of Eternity. It was pretty good. Yes, there is a LOT of graffiti in the restrooms, and it's hilarious. Definitely try this place out if you love gaming!

Thank Pamela B.K.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

The attention to detail is fantastic: in-jokes on the menu items, old controllers used as curtain ties. Pretty good veggie burger, too, though the soup wasn't great. They could definitely use more veggie options on the menu, though the extensive range for customising the burgers was a plus (especially if you hate guac, which is standard on the veggie burger).

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We went here for our son's 11 bday. It was recommended by a 16 year old from my work. First impression was the place was pretty dingy, could use a good cleaning, and some paint/stain on the wall/wood surfaces. We all had fun looking at all the game affiliated decor, but...after being seated, I made my way to the ladies room. I had to double check which bathroom I was in because of all the raunchy pictures and literature hand written on the walls. The toilet didn't flush and the soap dispenser was lying on the counter and had to be awkwardly picked up to use. I prayed to GOD that my daughter didn't need to go in there during our visit. (She didn't, thank the Almighty). When it came time to play games (their theme) only 2 of the 5 game stations worked...none of the newest systems mind you...and most were rated "M". We luckily found a teen game and an Angry Birds game for the little one.Phew...The food wasn't bad...given the previously mentioned, most of us were quite happy, tavern food as expected given the name of the place. Our server was GREAT!! (30's? shaved head, beard) He was very accommodating,helpful, and patient with my mother-in-law. Should have gotten his name...THANKS!! Somehow the kids still enjoyed themselves...Overall, if you are older than...17? go for it...maybe it's better for the age that played D&D? But I've been in the food and Bev for 20 years...& you can do better guys/gals. Clean it up a bit an appeal to the younger generation and you'll be golden!! For Christ Sake I've been in cleaner bathrooms/places in dive bars!

1  Thank Misty B
Reviewed 1 May 2016

We went to this place for what it's known for. My boyfriend and I met two more friends for a fun night of food and board games.

To start off, my food was horrible. I got nachos and they used horrible fake cheeze sauce, and the menu said they were made with cheese. misleading. They would not let me sub guacomole for meat....which is not that big of a deal, but they portion of guac they gave me was small and not appealaing. It was on top of the nachos in a stringy way....cheap industrial guac from a gun, taco bell style.

I could have gotten past the lackluster food and their lack of tea....yes they do not have hot tea......because our server was excellent. He did the best he could with what he was given.

The real reason for the terrible review was that the place was very loud and unconductive to us enjoying our game. Keep in mind that this is supposedly what this place is known for. A place for gamers to meet up and socailize. It was Friday night and they had kerioke and the music and horrible singing was very loud. We had to shout to communicate as we played our game.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

The atmosphere is keyed to gamers and while we are not gamers we found the atmosphere interesting. The waitress was very helpful. We had the chile fries. An enormus portioned dish. Very well done. The fries were excellent and while the chile probably from a can, it was good.

Been to AFK Tavern? Share your experiences!