“Small but efficient and busy”
Review of Kama'aina Grindz

Kama'aina Grindz
Ranked #13 of 438 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went for lunch Hubby had the Ahi tuna poke he said it was very good and a nice big serving. I had the Katsu curry chicken with brown rice. It was really good. Nice serving for lunch. Altho we got there on a Tuesday at 12:45 the restaurant was busy. Stayed busy until around 1:30. Genesis our waitress was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Second time here. So amazing. Their take on tuna poke is rockstar. Best bimibap I've ever had. Pricing is higher than local shops in Hawaii, but this isn't plate lunch!!
Fusion design flair shine here. Kona beers there too!!
Small shop so if planning on visiting on a weekend, they take reservations and are on open table!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We were heading to different diner and decided to stop by this place. I had miso ramen, tasted yakisoba noodle in miso soup. It was different than places I used to go to but liked the noodle soup. My son had chicken katsu curry, he said it was good. My husband had ahi tuna Caesar salad which looked amazing, maybe a bit smaller portion than we thought. They are busy!!! Service was good too. Good place!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Stopped here for dinner based on TripAdvisor, Yelp and OpenTable reviews. Being familiar with Hawaiian cuisine, I was looking for good qualtiy casual fusion. It was OK, but not as good I was hoping for.

We had the:
- Crazy Loco Moco - with a description of red wine gravy, I was hoping for something rich and flavoful, but the entire dish was rather bland. The kimchee added a little flavor, but not enough to save it from being an average loco moco. It was a very large serving though.
- Maui Style Bimbimbap - a regular bimbimbap, without the stone bowl to make it crispy. Flank steak was cut thick, which is unusual for this type of dish where the meat is usually sliced extremely thin. Again, average.
- Keiki Spam Musubi - nothing special, but a good size for a small appetite.
- Keiki Panko Chicken - a nice dish. Well prepared and presented stack of panko chicken with good serving size of rice and edamame. Edamame is a great snacking food for kids.
- the complimentary daily sorbet was very nice.

Service was super friendly and attentive.

Plenty of parking along the street.

Overall, it was a rather average meal. I was really hoping for more, but it just didn't happen. I'll give it one more try next time in the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We were in town for a wedding where the food was AWFUL and found this place down the street from our hotel. Having no idea what we were walking into we were seriously delighted by this little place! It's VERY family friendly, and casual. The food is good, dishes are creative and Hawaiian beers are really tasty! The waitress we had was very nice and the staff helped relocate us inside when it started getting chilly without any fuss. I wish we had been hungrier or staying in town another day, I would have eaten here the rest of the trip! I even recommended it to our friend who was a local and had never been here.

Been to Kama'aina Grindz? Share your experiences!