“Not so great”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Front-end staff was friendly.

Parking is a little dicey, as it is kind of a sketchy area (right next to a Casino), I wanted to park my car in front of the hotel, very limited parking right in front of the hotel.

Sitting right on top of the 1-5 freeway, it is loud. Sounds like your window is wide open all night long. Nearly impossible to get a peaceful night's sleep.

Hotel gym is very minimal- 2 treadmills and a bike, and some weights. Window was propped open for more ventilation.

I have stayed at very nice Holiday Inn Express hotels, this is definitely not one of them. The room was kind of small/dingy. The tv was limited to 25 channels. On the upside, the internet (free) was flawless and room (though dated a bit) was clean and the beds were comfortable. We have unfortunately booked for several nights and are stuck here (would have moved hotels if anything nearby was available). Would not recommend or ever re-book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I think I was upgraded to the suite room and it was really spacious. The sale manager, Rachel was very friendly and nice. If you need anything, she will do her best to work things out for you so just ask.

Hotel itself was nothing different from other holiday Inn. Relatively new facility, I thought. Free breakfast but no waffle. More bang for the money, I thought. No restaurant on site.

If you get hungry, you can order pizza nearby. Jetcity pizza (forgot exact name)? was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I am remiss in not writing this sooner as I was so impressed. We were attending a Christmas Party at a friends place and it was too far to drive home after the party and the weather was pretty nasty so we made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express in Everett. We always like to stay at Holiday Inn Express and we are members of Priority Rewards. We have always found the properties to be consistent. the bedding is always perfect and you know what you are going to receive in the way of internet, and Plasma TV . Their Reception area was decorated nicely for Christmas and was quite warm and welcoming. But Nicholas Pruett , the manager went beyond our expectations. I discovered when we got home I had left my night gown behind on the bathroom hook, we only live about 40 miles from Everett and I called and asked if they had found it and if so could them mail it back to me, I would be happy to pay the postage, Nicholas said no problem they had found it and would mail it back. Well I never received it and thought it was just a case of not following through with a promise but to my amazement he called me and told me that they had got back because they didn't have enough postage and that he would send it again. the next day. I was very impressed and once again i waited a couple of weeks and didn't get it. But I did get a letter apologizing for not getting me the package sooner, now get this, they also sent me a gift certificate for a free nights stay to make up for not getting me the gown sooner. I was quite pleased, and somewhat amused because I still had not received the package. A few weeks later it magically appeared in my mail box. It wasn't the most expensive nightie I have ever owned but I really liked it and although I would not have been heart broken if I never received it was very special and heart warming to get it and the gift certificate as well as to know that there are people like Nicholas, who follow through and go above and beyond.
As you say on your key cards Ahhhhh

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We picked this hotel because of the really good reviews.Now we know they were telling the truth!

We loved our 4 nights here. The room was loaded with pleasant amenities. The front desk staff were far and above better than most other hotels.

We like the nightly meal the served - a nice cost savings! The breakfast was very good, too - the same as most Holiday Inn Expresses.

Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank twomikea
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Overall the hotel was fine. realized at check in that the hotel did not have my priority club number in the computer. girl at desk said she would take care of it but never did. I had the impression that she did not know how to correct the problem in the computer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2010

'Can't think of anything that would make this stay better. It's conveniently close to the Interstate, so there'll be some noise.
Why do people pay more? Breakfast is included, and at this property there's a manager's welcome midweek that provides more than enough food to call it dinner!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The room was nice but outdated furniture was not very comfortable. After a few seconds walking in socks on the carpet it was very apparent that it had been shampooed but had not dried. We reported this upon checkout, the clerk said he was sorry. But his attitude was that he could care less.
The continental breakfast was good and included premade omelets, sausage and cereals.
The signage from the freeway off ramp was poor, The same driveway leads to another hotel, a casino, and other businessess and the diretional signs are confusing.
Although noise does not usually interfere with my sleep the freeway and street noise were very noticeable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple