“Love this place”

Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Tides Tavern offers the greatest house-made food and finest beverages in the western hemisphere, but only to persons over 21 years of age. Please be prepared to show I.D. The building that houses the Tides Tavern was built by Axel Uddenberg in 1910 and served the area as a general store. Located next to the "People's Dock," the town's only public ferry landing, it was called the West Side Mercantile. From that time until the present it has had a series of owners and has been several businesses. Run down and in a state of disrepair, the building was bought by Peter Stanley in 1973. After an extensive and ambitious rebuilding project, the Tides opened it's doors to the public on Saturday June 2, 1973.
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

Have never had a disappointing meal here, won’t lie small and seating tough, great place. Do not expect French fries.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We had a group of 6 ladies and all loved our food. Great menu and view - only wish we had gotten their earlier as it was getting dark but looks to be a great place to sit outside mid-day. Only issue was parking but we managed in our van.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I checked the menu online the morning before going but as we walked up to the entrance I got a whiff of burgers being grilled and whatever else had appealed to me from the website was now erased from my mind. Also based on the website and the prices I thought the place would be fancier but wasn’t disappointed by the homey environment.
There were five of us. My son and I started out by sharing a half dozen Oysters on the Half Shell and WOW! They were incredible. The best I’ve ever had. I don’t recall what the 3 sauces were but they were all excellent. Wish we would have shared a full dozen instead of half. Next time.
After perusing the menu I did decide to go with the St Louis burger (blue cheese crumbles on it) but it didn’t live up to the expectation I had built up after the aroma that greeted me when I entered. It was the same burger I could get at a lot of places. The local brew I had was very nice though.
The wait staff was very friendly, maybe to the point of being a bit overboard. Actually referring to the guy waiting on the table next to us. The large group he was waiting on seemed to enjoy his sarcasm but I could see others finding it too much. Maybe he sized up the group and was tailoring his behavior to match their energy.
Basically I liked the place and plan to go back again. My only wish would be that they had more seafood available that wasn’t fried.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Everything on the menu is fantastic
Great selection of beers that will go well with Fish and Chips
Service is excellent

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Good en route stopover for us. Parking can be a challenge and it's noisy. But lunch service is quick and cheery. We split a great a salad and nice BLT with fries. Great stuff.