“Good food, friendly service”

Duke's Chowder House Kent Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Chowder House Kent Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 345 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I recently visited the Seattle area and my sister took me to Duke's for dinner. The menu is extensive so I had a hard time deciding but I eventually settled on the chowder sampler and crab cake. The chowders were all terrific but if I had to choose one, I'd go with the Lobster Mobster Pernod Chowder. So creamy and delicious. The crab cake contained plenty of crab but had less flavor than I would have liked. But a great meal with good service, overall.

1  Thank Traveling_Girrrrrl

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Finding the Tacoma wharf restaurant row can be a challenge for out of towners but was worth the hassle. While they offer three types of chowder, the other lunch menu items offered some unique approaches and presentation of high quality fresh seafood. Dukes is fancier than it's neighbors with matching prices.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I've been coming to Duke's Chowder House for years, and it's my favorite place to meet friends for lunch. It's gotten pretty expensive in the past couple of years, ever since the $15 minimum wage went into effect in Seattle, which raised prices at all the Duke's locations. But the food is consistently good, the service is great, and they have an awesome happy hour. Don't miss out on the chowder; often I just have a bowl of one of several varieties of chowder and bread, which arrives on the table with the ice water. Excellent sourdough bread!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I was taken here for my first time this week for my birthday lunch. There were only two of us and the restaurant had just opened for lunch. There were only maybe two or three tables of people. The service was terribly slow and they didn't seem to pay attention to anything we said as we ordered. The person next to us, that got there way after us, was served first. We waited quite some time for our food. When it came, my friends meal was all wrong and mine was blah. Things were corrected but all in all, not a good first impression.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice casual eatery that had very good food and cocktails. The food was served promptly and presented well. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and fielded the relentless questions about everything from appetizers to dessert. The clam chowder was very good as was the fish tacos. The fish and chips wasn't the best I have had but it was pretty good. They need to use a smaller plate or give you a bigger portion. It made the meal look small for the price. Otherwise we would go back next time we are in the area.

Been to Duke's Chowder House Kent Station? Share your experiences!