Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
drsusansmith2016
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Fantastic for beginners

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 1, 2019
Our cabin was the Ponderosa. Two twin beds downstairs and several single beds upstairs- and the stairs upstairs where steep!. A hill to the lodge. But not bad.No air-conditioning in our cabin but didn't need it.
Food was good. Wonderful breakfasts and best packed lunches we've ever had.We had a friend who doesn't eat pork and had stated that to management but the cooks were unaware. They quickly took care of him and were most accommodating . Food was good and liquor was included! Lots of beers and hard liquors and even soft drinks.
Riding- this was great for beginners. Even those out all day that dont ride seemed happy. They kept people in fairly small groups. we are advanced riders and I was bored. I asked to move a bit but mostly just able to trot if I held my horse back. Very disappointing.I think all that advanced riders did was bush whack through steep untrimmed trails.There were real cowboys there but we had a young girl. I did hear that at least one wrangler did offer a canter to a few people.And the horses were good- not on top of each other and ratable.So dont know why we had to plod along. One horse so good our friend is buying it. We were there one week. A lot of people came in for much shorter times. We had the same horse the whole time. Two- three hours of just walking is too much for me. I need to trot, canter or gallop.
They have a nice lake for fishing and swimming and kayaking etc. Families loved it. Smores at night. Lots of places to sit and enjoy the views.
  • Priceline
40.7 km from Bull Hill Guest Ranch
Twilight
27.9 km from Bull Hill Guest Ranch
View more hotels in Kettle Falls
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Tucker and his crew were fantastic. They treated all of us like family. Our wrangler Michelle kept everyone safe and taught us a ton. This place is a true gem. I can’t say enough good things about the place, the food and most importantly- the people!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2019

phenomenal! if you are looking for a true get-away adventure, look no further than Bull Hill Guest Ranch, the crew is amazing, they tend to your every need. if you aren't a horse rider, not to worry, relax and read under a shade tree or by a cozy fire in the lodge. hot tubs are wonderful, fishing is perfect.

Room tip: every view is to perfection!
Reviewed July 25, 2019

I have stayed at several "Dude" ranches and this beats them all. I come to ride, and ride a lot, having grown up on horses. When I get the chance I certainly do not want to ride "Head to Tail" down a trail walking the whole time. This ranch, depending on your ability, gives you free rein (pun intended) as long as you stick with the guide. The staff is excellent; warm and friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your stay a great experience with hearty farmhouse cooked meals...but the key here is there is a fully stocked bar that allows you to serve yourself! Do you have a best bud you don't want to leave home alone...bring the fur buddy along! We were there during the July 4th week and the fireworks show was spectacular! Not to mention it was my and my mom's birthday (I will not divulge our ages...but, we're both OLD) and the cook made us each a cake for our birthday's during our stay. This is a must for us every year from now on...cannot wait to go back. Cannot say enough about how much fun our stay was...truly a great experience.

Room tip: Closest to the Cookhouse if you want to see what is going on...further into the woods if you want to be more private.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Hawaiinae
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Me and my daughter spend a week at Bull Hill and we could not been more satisfied with the trip. The feeling we got was more like visiting a family that happen to have a lot of horses and do riding every day. Super friendly, good food, let me quote the chief "If you are hungry spending time here, thats on you" that is so true. All meals taste great, snacks between meals and an open bar if needed.
The horses are well trained and we did both shorter rides and full day rides that include both walking and looping. We also participated in some cow pushing, they need to push the cows up the hills. Me and my daughter was assigned a horse each the first day and we used that for the remaining of the week so we did familiarized with each other. You could really see that they cared about their horses. Believe they have around 67 when we where there. The beds in the cabin was nice and clean.
When writing a review I always try to add something for improvment but for Bull Hill I can't, we are 100% satisfied, on the car back to Seattle to take the plan back home to Sweden we even started to discuss to get back next year.
The views and landscape was fantastic.
Final word, you will not regret a trip to Bull Hill

//Mikael

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Mikefred65
Reviewed June 25, 2019

Started coming here a few years ago with my girlfriends and quickly learned that once visit a season just isn't enough - am now up to twice a summer; one girls' trip and one family trip. Family owned and operated, lovely people, happy horses, gorgeous landscapes and vistas, plus excellent stick to your ribs food. A 'happy place' - truly, heave on earth.

Date of stay: June 2019