Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SL Hellsund

Bull Hill Ranch is the absolute best worthwhile experience ever, 5 years in a row with more to come!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 23, 2023
The Best experience Ever! Our 5th time up the mountain and it just gets better and better with every passing year! Family owned and operated they welcome you to become part of their family. The cabins are comfy and cozy and complete the rustic mountain ranch experience. The wranglers take you on different trail rides everyday and if you stayed a month you would not experience every trail on their mountain and the wranglers are so accommodating! They have special rides to the Saloon and a cattle drive too! There is not only horseback rides, but also horseshoes, cornhole, skeet shooting, fishing (catch and release) and boating on their private lake. To top all of that off…the food is most excellent and the cook will have meals prepared for you tailored to your tastes and needs (I don’t eat anything on four legs) AND a fully stocked all can drink bar! Another kudo…it is ALL INCLUDED!! No nickel and dimming goes on here. Oh, and the wild life? We have seen (not up close mind you) bunnies, bears and deer. Trust me, I have visited other ranches and none have come close to Bull Hill. The word is out, so you will need to book early!
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: Book way in advance…the word is out!
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Tripadvisor
28.7 km from Bull Hill Guest Ranch
28.7 km from Bull Hill Guest Ranch
View more hotels in Kettle Falls
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2022

From the minute I arrived until leaving five days later, the horses, the trails, the scenery, the food, and, most importantly the wranglers and staff were the best I have ever experienced. The ranch is impeccably managed, the rides are well-planned and facilitated, and the environment is pure JOY!

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank KAT46737
Reviewed October 18, 2021

Stayed 3 days and I can't say enough about the hospitality of the wranglers, especially Jackie. She took her time to custom fit our wants for riding including a cattle drive that took about 4 hours to complete. I was sore after that ride, but well worth it. We covered alot of terrain and had great conversations with the other guests that tagged along. The fall colors were amazing. We ended our stay with a trip to the "Saloon" in the middle of no where. Great fun. I'd recommend this ranch to anyone who loves to ride period.

Room tip: Stayed in cabin with wood heat. Very comfortable.
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed August 20, 2020

We stayed two nights in the Loredo Glamping tent, the food was delicious and the people running the operation were there to make it an excellent experience. Brent took us on a 4 hour ride to drive some cattle (a first for me and I loved every second of it). Hunter set us up with trap shooting and Joey, Sam, and Ali took great care of the horses and us as the riders. Joe knew which lures worked best for fishing in the lake, which also felt amazing to cool off in when the day got hot, and the view is spectacular. I highly recommend Bull Hill Ranch and we for sure will be going back!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2019

Our cabin was the Ponderosa. Two twin beds downstairs and several single beds upstairs- and the stairs upstairs where steep!. A hill to the lodge. But not bad.No air-conditioning in our cabin but didn't need it.
Food was good. Wonderful breakfasts and best packed lunches we've ever had.We had a friend who doesn't eat pork and had stated that to management but the cooks were unaware. They quickly took care of him and were most accommodating . Food was good and liquor was included! Lots of beers and hard liquors and even soft drinks.
Riding- this was great for beginners. Even those out all day that dont ride seemed happy. They kept people in fairly small groups. we are advanced riders and I was bored. I asked to move a bit but mostly just able to trot if I held my horse back. Very disappointing.I think all that advanced riders did was bush whack through steep untrimmed trails.There were real cowboys there but we had a young girl. I did hear that at least one wrangler did offer a canter to a few people.And the horses were good- not on top of each other and ratable.So dont know why we had to plod along. One horse so good our friend is buying it. We were there one week. A lot of people came in for much shorter times. We had the same horse the whole time. Two- three hours of just walking is too much for me. I need to trot, canter or gallop.
They have a nice lake for fishing and swimming and kayaking etc. Families loved it. Smores at night. Lots of places to sit and enjoy the views.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank drsusansmith2016
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Tucker and his crew were fantastic. They treated all of us like family. Our wrangler Michelle kept everyone safe and taught us a ton. This place is a true gem. I can’t say enough good things about the place, the food and most importantly- the people!

Date of stay: August 2019